How Much Does an USBC Membership Cost?
The United States Bowling Congress, more commonly known as the USBC, is an agency that is responsible for looking after all the certified bowling tournaments, its memberships, rules and regulations, policies, and just about anything related to bowling. The USBC membership is open to all men and women from different age groups who are interested in bowling. This membership can bring much information as well as many perks to the holder, but it will come at a slight cost.
How much does it cost?
- On average, the cost of a membership to the USBC is going to vary depending on the age of the participant and the type of membership purchased. The costs can vary from $5 to as much as $30.
- For instance, the standard membership for the USBC youth costs $17 while a Junior Gold membership costs $30. There is also a basic membership rates for USBC youth which only costs $5.
- Bowl.com stated that the USBC Standard adult membership costs $21 at the maximum. This rate is for both male and female players who are 18 years and older.
- Those who want to play in a particular tournament but have not yet registered as a member of the USBC can purchase a membership card for only $15; this card can be renewed every year.
What is going to be included?
- According to Bowl.com, the USBC has stated the following mission, vision, and promise
- “USBC Mission: The USBC is the National Governing Body for bowling. Our mission is to provide services, resources and standards for the sport.
- “USBC Vision: To be the leading authority to the sport, servicing the needs of bowling.
- “USBC Promise: Our promise is to celebrate the past, be mindful of the present and ensure bowling’s future through thoughtful research, planning and delivery. We will protect and nurture the sport with a mutual admiration and respect for all who enjoy bowling.”
- The entire cost for USBC membership includes all fees for the national and state dues. Local association fees may also be included in the membership rate.
- All members will be able to compete in bowling leagues which are certified by the USBC.
- Members will also get to enjoy USBC membership rewards with car insurance coverage, travel benefits, cell phones, and gym memberships.
- During Big USBC games, members are privileged to take advantage of discount rates from products and services of USBC partners and sponsors.
- Members will have access to special offers on USBC merchandise and apparel, even their Signature collection.
- Playing in leagues and tournaments can result in awards and prizes that are recognized by the USBC. These can even include cash prizes.
- USBC members will have his or her own personal USBC membership card.
- Members will have an access to the electronic Magazine of USBC, which is the US bowler E-Magazine.
What are the extra costs?
- Other local association fees may not be included with the entire membership cost for USBC. If this is the case, you will need to pay for it separately or as an add-on to the regular USBC membership fee.
- Gaming fees like payment for each bowling lane or an hourly rate for bowling will not be included in the USBC membership cost. You will be paying for it separately.
- Do not forget that the membership has to be renewed annually.
Factors that influence the price
- Category. The price would depend on the category you belong to. For example, players from the Senior and Youth categories have to pay a different annual rate.
- Local Fees. Local fees for each state may vary and this affects the entire price of membership per area.
- Processing Fee. The processing fee varies per state and per category, thus affecting the cost of USBC membership.
Tips to know:
- Being a member will not only allow you to join in competitions and bowling leagues, but you will also get to enjoy other perks like getting rewards and discounts.
- There are local USBC chapters in every state. You can look for them online or contact their local office. To learn more, visit membership.bowl.com.
- A portion of the money you pay to the USBC for membership goes to support charities and other worthy causes. This includes the Special Olympics and Bowl for the Cure. Another portion of the money goes to ensure that the future of the sport is secure.
- If you are interested in becoming a bowling coach, the USBC has classes and clinics that can help you develop your coaching and teaching skills.
How can I save money?
- If you want to join in all the bowling tournaments in a year, being a member of the USBC would definitely save you money. You can increase your savings by making use of the discount privileges which are exclusive for USBC members.
- Make sure that you sign up for the right category or membership level so you will pay for the appropriate fees as well. The membership levels are usually known as Youth Basic, Youth, Junior Gold, High School, Collegiate, Adult and Sport.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|