How Much Does a Virtual Assistant Cost?
A virtual assistant, unlike what the name implies, is an actual person that assists those who have an internet business. Most people that have the internet as their work environment are often burdened with several tasks such as data entry, researching, editing, and others. This is where a virtual assistant can be helpful and necessary. Virtual assistants perform various tasks similar to those that a regular assistant would perform.
How much is it?
- The cost to have a virtual assistant will depend on the type of work the assistant will be doing. Virtual assistants can be hired to perform administrative support work such as data entry, web research, and email response. Another factor that would affect the rate of the virtual assistant would be the complexity of the job as well as its urgency. Virtual assistants also offer flexible rates and they may charge per project, per hour, or per month.
- On average, plan on spending around $3 to $7 per hour for an offshore worker while an agency based in the United States could cost anywhere from $9 to $40 per hour. The hourly rate will greatly vary depending upon the type of job required.
- INJ-Virtual-Solutions.com is an online service that offers virtual assistant services. They offer virtual assistants that can perform specific tasks and are paid monthly. The number of hours the virtual assistants can work per month ranges from 20 to 160 hours and their rates range anywhere from $640 to $800 per month.
- APlusVirtualAssistant.com is another service that offers virtual assistants. They have at least three fee structures that range from pay per project to monthly payment. Virtual assistants that are paid per hour can collect $15 to $35 per hour. Monthly retainer packages are also offered for $250 to $600 per month.
What is going to be included?
- The inclusions can differ depending on the job that you desire for the virtual assistant to finish. While you are in charge of telling the virtual assistant what needs to be done, you also need to speeak with him to determine what his skill set is to make sure you find a good match.
What are the extra costs?
- If you happen to get a virtual assistant that works on per project basis, each project would cost extra. The additional costs will also depend on the type of fee structure the virtual assistants are paid.
- If you are in need of extra services on the weekends or around the holidays, the assistant may require extra pay.
Tips to know:
- When hiring a virtual assistant, it would be a good idea to ask the person what type of job he can do. Discuss the expectations with the assistant so he will not be surprised if he is given a different task from what he started with. It is always best to interview a handful of virtual assistants, just like you would an employee.
- You should consider getting a virtual assistant that is versatile with different types of jobs so he will be able to perform various jobs without getting another person to do it.
How can I save money?
- Rather than get a virtual assistant that is paid per project, you can hire a virtual assistant that is paid on monthly basis if you a have a long term project. This will enable you to save money since it is always cheaper to pay this way rather than a per project basis.
- Getting a virtual assistant that is skilled enough to do different types of jobs may require higher initial payment, but you would be able to save since you do not have to hire another person to do the other tasks.
- Consider using services such as Elance.com. This is a freelance website that helps you post jobs. Once a job is posted, freelance workers can bid on your project or position.