How Much Do Weave Hair Extensions Cost?
A common type of hair extensions is the “hair weave.” This process is when the hair is “weaved” strand by strand, rather than getting sewn together all as one. This is a fairly common type because of the affordability. According to Wikipedia, the common procedure will take anywhere from 100 to 300 extensions to complete a full job.
How much is it?
- A procedure that isn’t going to include the hair itself can cost anywhere from $100 to $400+. Those that want to include the hair, an additional $10-$100 per package on average will be needed, depending on much hair you will need. Brands, the length and more will add more to the overall price tag.
- A common method called, “Fusion Technology” can cost anywhere from $650 to $1,800. This method includes both the weave, and the hair itself.
- Another procedure called, “Saw In Weave” involves a net that is placed over your hair. The weave will then be sewn into the netting itself. This procedure will average anywhere from $100 to $1,500.
- Overall, a low end weave will cost around $100, while a higher quality based weave can cost as much as $2,500 at an upper scale salon.
- To purchase the products to have the job done at home, the prices can range anywhere from $19 to as much as $75 for the supplies alone. This will depend on the length of the hair, the quality of the hair as well as the retailer selling them.
What are the extra costs?
- During the duration of your weave, tightening and maintenance will be required in order to keep them looking fresh and healthy. A regular maintenance appointment can cost anywhere from $10 to $40 per “track.” Experts will recommend that this is done every 4 weeks.
- For those that are going to purchase the supplies themselves, human quality hair is going to cost more than the synthetic fake hair. Real hair can cost upwards of $3,000+ depending on how much is going to be needed. The best quality that can be purchased is often referred to as “virgin” hair. This type of hair is going to be hair from a previous person that didn’t have it treated or have any type of chemicals in it.
What is going to be included?
- For those that choose fake hair, the salon will provide you with the package. They will try their best to match the best hair to your natural color.
- The hair will be weaved, depending on what procedure you want done. The process can take up to four hours.
How can I save money?
- Consider having a friend do it for you. Some weaves really aren’t that hard to place. To find supplies, consider low-cost online retailers such as BeautyTrends.com.
- Many beauty schools in your neighborhood need people to practice on. These schools can generally do the procedure at 50% of the going cost.
- Supplies are going to be the cheapest throughout various boutiques online. If you’re going to purchase hair extensions yourself, highly consider purchasing them online to save the most.
- If you want to purchase a higher quality based extension, it may be best to head to a hairdresser to get the best deal.