How Much Does Wedding Dress Cleaning Cost?
Wedding dress cleaning is a procedure performed to clean wedding dress like normal clothing but with additional care exerted due to the nature of the fabric used when making the dress. The wedding dress is one of the many items used during a wedding that is considered a treasure by the couple. Most people wonder what to do with the wedding dress after the wedding, and the simple answer to that is that it is usually stored by the bride. However, before it is stored, wedding dresses should be professionally cleaned. The cost of cleaning a wedding dress depends on the material, geographical location and cleaner.
How much is it?
- On average, a cleaning can vary anywhere from $85 to as much as $250. Wedding dress cleaning can be priced differently depending on several factors. The size of the dress and the number of different fabrics used can make the price different. Also affecting the cost is the rate the professional cleaning the dress.
- For example, Bridal Kare International is a company that offers wedding dress cleaning and preservation. The company offers cleaning services that can last up to 6 months; they suggest that if the dress is to be kept after that duration, that it should be preserved. The price of wedding dress cleaning according to them ranges from $80 to $95.
- WedClean is another company that offers wedding dress cleaning services. The company guarantees that the cleaning and preservation services that they offer can last up to 100 years. They offer the service through mail, which is shipped by UPS. The price for the cleaning service alone can cost $149 to $160.
- Heritage Garment Preservation is also dedicated in keeping your wedding gown clean. Depending on the size of the wedding gown, they will be able to clean for the price of $170 to $220.
What is going to be included?
- Wedding dress cleaning can be performed separately or together in a package that includes preservation. The wedding dress will be dry cleaned as the materials and fabric used on it can be very sensitive.
- Some companies would include a guarantee with the service that they provided or they will give your money back. However, be careful which company you choose since the money they offer you will not replace the value of the wedding dress.
What are the extra costs?
- If you do not take advantage of the package that will include wedding dress preservation services, this will be considered as an additional cost.
- If choosing a company online, additional shipping rates can apply due to the sensitivity of the product.
Tips to know:
- Make sure that you know what material makes up your wedding dress. This is to guarantee that the wedding dress cleaner will use the right type of chemicals that will not harm the dress.
How can I save money?
- To save money, try to get the package deal that some establishments are offering. Since you will likely keep your dress after cleaning, it would be best to get their offer as it is provided at a cheaper price.
- Ask establishments if they have any specials going. They may have packages offered at discounted rates.
- Check with the establishment from which you purchased your dress as they may have special offers for their customers.