How Much Does a Wedding Singer Cost?
Wedding singers are talented individuals that perform different types of songs either solo or with a band to back them up. A wedding singer can provide more than just the entertainment; he provides life in what could have otherwise been a dull event. Wedding singers can perform at various points during the wedding celebration, such as during the bachelor or bachelorette parties, the bridal processional, and the reception. The rates change depending on the number of the songs that the wedding singer is required to sing or the number of hours he has to stay. Depending on the performer’s rates the price can be different as well.
How much is it?
- On average, the cost of wedding singer will be either priced per song or they will be priced per hour. The cost can range anywhere from $30 to $200 per song, or can range from $60 to as much as $500 or more per hour depending on the popularity, the number of singers, and demand.
- The price of wedding singers varies depending on factors such as the number of songs that they have to sing. There are some weddings during which the performer can sing a certain number of songs, while at other weddings the singers can be booked for the whole day with a certain number of songs that they will perform.
- For example, Diane Martinson offers wedding singer packages at different rates with several inclusions. Their packages are broken down to several parts of larger groups that will enable clients to select just the number of vocalists they need and the type of instruments that they want to be played during the wedding. The price starts at $150 while adding piano, string trio and harp can go up to $1,405. A band can also be hired during the party and this can cost anywhere from $1650 to $2700 for 2 to 5 hours of performance.
- Alexis Wong is another wedding singer that performs during the processional part of the wedding only. She has several songs from which you can choose for her to perform and her rates start at $200 to $300. This wedding singer also offers an instrumental package that starts $100 to $150.
- Rachelle Aupperle is another wedding singer that provides the service at different rate as well. The minimum price starts at $60 for 2 songs and $15 for each additional song that will be performed afterwards.
What is going to be included?
- The wedding singer will be coordinating with all the other musicians in order to identify what songs will be performed during what part of the wedding.
- A keepsake of the CD will be provided to the wedding couple as a souvenir from the wedding singer.
- Consultation with the wedding couple will also be included with the package. Before the wedding starts, you will be able to consult with the singer. He will be able to show you what the music is going to sound like as well as give you a small sample of how it would sound live.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involve accompaniment with the wedding singer such as additional instruments. This can include piano, strings or a full on band that can perform during the wedding reception.
- Travel charges may be added by the wedding singer if the location of the wedding is not within her proximity.
Tips to know:
- Wedding singers often provide samples of their work posted on their website. You will be able to listen to their voices before calling to discuss hiring them.
How can I save money?
- The church where the wedding will be held can provide a choir for the more religious songs.
- You can also opt to just simply use a regular sound system and play music in the background during the reception to save money.
- Another option is to ask friends and family members who are able to sing well to perform during your ceremony. This is a great honor for them and a lot cheaper for you.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|