How Much Does a Weed Wacker Cost?
The weed wacker is a handheld device that uses a monofilament line rather than blade to cut weeds or grass. This is one of the many tools that is necessary to keep a nice garden and yard since it gives you the opportunity to get closer to edges than a lawn mower does and lets you be more precise in your trimming. The weed wacker is composed of a long handle with a trigger at one end and a cutting head on the other. The tool is powered by an internal combustion engine and can be either gas powered or electric. Weed wackers vary in power and there are several companies that manufacture the weed wacker. Depending on the brand as well as the power of the weed wacker, the price of weed wacker can be different.
How much is it?
- On average, a weed wacker can cost anywhere from $20 to as much as $250. Weed wackers are sold mostly in home improvement and garden stores and are distributed by different companies. Depending on the brand of the weed wacker, the price of the equipment can differ. Another factor why the price for the weed wacker can be different is the power output of the tool.
- A gas weed wacker that solely runs on gasoline can cost anywhere from $50 to as much as $210. For example, the popular product Hitachi CG22EASSLP retails for $179 to $210.
- An electric weed wacker that runs on an extension cord or a replaceable battery can cost anywhere from $20 to as much as $85.
- Ace Hardware offers different brands of weed trimmers. The store is a popular hardware store that sells more than weed wackers. They also sell weed wacker attachments and replacements. The price of the weed wackers that they sell ranges from $45 to $180. They also come in different power outputs and can be powered by gas or can be electric.
- Another store that sells different brands and types of weed wacker is Sears. This particular retailer offers different power output weed wackers that can be run by either gas or electricity and can be purchased anywhere from $50 to $222.
What is going to be included?
- When you buy a weed wacker, it will include the complete package such as the handle, body, and head cutter. An initial set of monofilament line will also be included.
- Cables for electric weed wackers and manuals will also be included on your purchase.
- An instruction manual will be given to the consumer to ensure that the product is used safely and effectively.
- The manufacturer will also provide a warranty for the product in case of factory defect.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional cost involves the monofilament line that needs to be replaced since the default attachment wears out. The monofilament lines can cost anywhere from $10 to $20 depending on how long it is.
- Electric weed wackers will require additional batteries, just in case the initial battery runs low. It is best to charge one while using the other. Charge each battery completey each time to prolong the life of the battery.
How can I save money?
- Try to look for a store that offers the product at a discounted price since most stores will offer it at a low price. Check for prices, sales and rebates, especially during the peak season.
- Another way to save is by buying a weed wacker that has enough power to simply handle the workload that you have. If you buy a high powered tool for a small garden, it would be a waste of power and money since they likely to cost more.
- Also consider purchasing this type of equipment used. Sites such as Craigslist often have people selling their equipment for a low price.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|