How Much Does a Weimaraner Dog Cost?
The Weimaraner dog is a breed long used by royalty for hunting large game animals such as boar, bears and deer. Over time, these dogs were used to hunt smaller animals such as rabbits. Weimaraner breeds have a very elegant look and are very athletic in appearance. A male Weimaraner can stand between 25 and 27 inches while females stand at least two inches shorter. They are not heavy dogs and usually appear very muscular. The price of a Weimaraner dog depends on the age, gender, quality and breeder offering the dog for adoption.
How much is it?
- On average, this particular breed can cost anywhere from $500 to as much as $1,200. Purebred dogs are going to fetch a higher price tag than a dog that does not have the appropriate paperwork.
- Pet Stew is a site that provides plenty of information regarding different breed of dogs. The site offers the cost of owning a Weimaraner dog beyond the price of the dog itself. It shows the food cost as well as the vet cost and other maintenance such as flea and parasite removal cost. The purchase price for the dog itself ranges from $550 to $1,200.
- PuppyFind.com is a site that offers puppies that are being sold by different owners from different parts of the country. It also shows a history of the breed of every dog that they sell. According to this site, puppies of the Weimaraner breed can be purchased for anywhere from $800 to $1,200.
- NextDayPets.com is another site that shows puppies being sold by a breeder from across the country. The site has an extensive listing of the puppies that are being sold online. Most of the Weimaraner dogs sold through them are puppies which makes them ideal for people that would like to see them grow. The cost to get puppies from this site from various breeders can be from $500 to $1,250.
What is going to be included?
- The seller may provide different inclusions. Depending on the breeder, this can greatly vary. Be sure to read into the classified ad to ensure that you know what you are going to receive.
- Usually included are the registration of the dogs as well as initial shots for rabies and vaccinations. Some breeders also include a star-up package with food samples, toys, treats, etc.
- If you are going to have the dog shipped through an airline, the breeder will include a travel approved crate.
What are the extra costs?
- Taking care of a dog is a big responsibility. You will need to look after it and buy it food as well as provide health care through a veterinarian visit.
- Removal of parasites from the dog is also necessary to maintain its health, especially since it is a very athletic breed of dog.
- Shipping the dog through an airline can start at $150. This will all depend on the airline and the size of the dog.
Tips to know:
- The Weimaraner breed is mostly used for hunting. If you are considering this as a house pet, there are more appropriate breeds that you can purchase that will be cheaper.
How can I save money?
- One way that you can save is by adopting a pet. Since there are usually no costs involved when you adopt, it is a sure fire way to save hundreds of dollars. However, finding the breed that you want can be tricky. Keep in mind that if you are adopting, most of the dogs will be older, usually over the age of 3.