How Much Does a Well Inspection Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A well inspection is one of the many ways to ease a home buyer’s mind of the concerns about the home’s water well. A common concern is whether the water is potable, as water that is not potable can pose serious health hazards. This is one of the main reasons why the source of the water which is the well should always be inspected. This is a process for which a well inspection company comes in. They are going to evaluate the condition of the water well as well as provide suggestions and solutions if any issues are found. Well inspectors use a variety of techniques and equipment to complete the job. Depending on the location of the site, the price can be different as well.
How much is it?
- On average, the cost of a well inspection can cost $45 to $150 per hour. The average job will take upwards of 1 to 3 hours. Overall, the complete job should fall between the $150 and $600 price tag. Most companies that provide the service charge a per hour rate. The price of the well inspection depends on how much they charge and it will also depend on the complexity of the job. The different chemicals that might be found in the water well would also affect the price of the inspection if these problems need to be cleared up.
- For example, Pacific Northwest Inspections provide well inspection services. The company usually finishes the job in 1 to 2 hours. The basic package that they offer ranges anywhere from $450 to $625. The site mentions that the price can change depending on the complexity of the job.
- Ohio Property Inspection is a company from Ohio that also provides well inspection services. This particular company will perform a test to identify coliform and e-coli levels as well as if the water is potable or not. The test is performed at an EPA certified laboratory. The test usually runs for 30 to 45 minutes and the cost can be anywhere from $25 to $75.
- Kathleen Hill is another establishment that offers timely and professional well and septic inspections in the Michigan area. They perform a variety of tests and charge separately for it. The price for the well inspection that they offer can range from $190 to $200 with other costs making the price different.
What is going to be included?
- The cost of the inspection will consist of the labor fee as well as the equipment the contractor will use.
- During their inspection, the contractor will perform a basic test for pH, bacteria, as well as other common mineral components.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs involved in having well inspection include the different tests that will be performed. Septic tests can be performed if necessary and the price can start at $50 depending on what test is performed.
- Depending on the chemicals that will be tested, the cost can be different as well. A lead test can start at $50 while an arsenic and nitrates test can start at $30.
Tips to know:
- Schedule well inspections at least twice every year to make sure that the well does not have high levels of bacteria and chemicals that can harm your family. This will also make sure that the well will be maintained well.
How can I save money?
- Contractors that will come from a farther vicinity may charge more since they will consider the distance when determining the price.
- Since contractors are going to offer the service at different rates, choose from different inspectors that will provide the service at a lower price. Use websites such as Service Magic to help find the local contractor rates in your area.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|