How Much Does a Wrist Tattoo Cost?
A wrist tattoo can include a tattoo on the bottom or top of the wrist, or it can be a wrist band that looks like a bracelet. Many people today want to have their wrists inked for either self-expression or maybe even because it is a goal of theirs. In the past, tattoos were known to only have a single color. However, tattoos nowadays can be as festively colored as you want it to be. The price for tattoos depends on several factors. Because most wrist tattoos are quite small, you will need to choose a logo or picture that can symbolize what you want to portray.
How much does it cost?
- Since a wrist tattoo is usually done in a smaller area, plan on budgeting anywhere from $50 to as much as $225. However, for a reputable artist, the costs can be much higher.
- Artists usually charge for a minimum amount especially if they have state-of-the-art facilities in the clinic. Tattoos that are done by veteran and licensed tattoo artists are usually more expensive than those done by an apprentice. Plan on spending a minimum of $75 an hour.
- A few answers on this FunAdvice.com page claimed that a small wrist tattoo was $80 while someone else paid around $150.
- According to the Streetarticles.com, a small tattoo placed in the areas like the wrist, ankle or foot can cost between $50 and $150.
What is going to be included?
- Before the tattoo starts, the customer will either be able to provide a design himself or browse through the thousands of designs inside of a shop. If a design is brought in, the artist will draw up a sketch and transfer it to a stencil. From there, the customer can approve the design. Once approved, the tattoo starts. Most wrist tattoos should not take any longer than an hour.
- Included in the cost of the wrist tattoo are the professional fees as well as the ink and the materials used for the procedure.
- During the tattoo, make sure you watch the tattoo artist to ensure that he is taking the proper precautions of cleanliness and that he is using gloves and sterile tools.
- A skin test prior to the tattoo procedure should also be included in the cost.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra cost may be needed for additional tattoos on the other parts of the body.
- Some tattoo artists will charge more for a personal design that they must transfer.
- Tips are highly recommended and should be at least 5-15% of the total tattoo price.
- If the tattoo fades over time or needs a touch up, this can cost around $50 or so for something simple.
Factors that influence the price
- Size and detail of the tattoo. Large and complicated tattoo designs may increase the price of the tattoo.
- Artist and shop. Licensed and professional tattoo artists usually have higher asking rates compared to newer tattoo artists. The advancement in tattoo technology used in the tattoo clinic may also cause the price to increase, too. Advanced tattoo devices can produce accurate lines, perfecting every shape of the ink on the skin.
Tips to know:
- Before you actually head to a tattoo parlor, browse for tattoo designs and actually decide to have one placed on your wrist. Remember that there is not much space on your wrist and it would be very difficult and expensive to remove a tattoo. Make up your mind first. Think about it many times, and then decide when you are ready mentally and financially.
- Need some ideas on what to get on your wrist? This Tumblr tagged search brings up hundreds of potential designs.
- Out of all the areas on the body, the wrist tends to be a very sensitive and painful spot when it comes to getting a tattoo.
How can I save money?
- Talk with at least three artists in your area. Look at their work, ask about prices and see what they can do for you. Most are going to be more than happy to offer a quote for free in person.
- Do not be cheap! This tattoo is going to be on you for life. Take your time to find someone that is reputable and does a good job that you will not regret.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|