How Much Does An Xbox 360 Cost?
The X-Box 360 is a game system made by the company Microsoft. It has many gaming capabilities as well as other features.
How much does a Xbox 360 cost?
- On average, the Xbox 360 cost will be anywhere from $199 to as much as $400 depending on the model that is purchased. Listed below are the models that are available as well as what they are going to cost.
- The basic Xbox 360 will cost about $200. This console has a fairly small memory – only 4 GB.
- A 250GB Xbox 360 will cost about $300.
- A 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect, a motion sensor system which makes gameplay more realistic, will cost about $300. A 250GB Xbox 360 with Kinect will cost about $400.
- The Kinect sensor system itself will cost about $130.
Xbox 360 4GB Console
Xbox 360 250GB Console
Xbox 360 Elite 120GB
$120 to $300
Xbox 360 20GB
$109 to $199
Xbox 360 Halo 3 Special Edition
$125 to $200
Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect
Xbox 360 250GB Racing Bundle
Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle with Kinect
Xbox 360 250GB Console with Kinect
Xbox 360 Limited Edition 4GB Kinect Sports
Xbox 360 Limited Edition Star Wars Bundle
Xbox 360 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Bundle
Note: These are new, retail prices. Prices can be significantly lower if purchased used.
What is going to be included?
- When purchasing an X-Box 360, you will also receive all the hardware, software, cords, and manuals necessary for set-up. If a bundle such as the kinect is purchased, the kinect will come included with the package. Keep in mind that some packages may also come included with a game or two.
- One controller will usually come with your purchase.
- Many times a trial subscription to X-Box Live, which gives the player the option of playing online against other players, is included with purchase.
What are the extra costs?
- The largest cost of the X-box 360 is the games. Each game for the 360 can cost $20-$60, with an average price of $40.
- In order to continue playing games online, a subscription to X-Box Live must be purchased. This will cost about $50 per year.
- There are many accessories that can be purchased for the 360, such as extra controllers, rechargeable batteries, head-sets, etc.
- For those that tend to play a lot of games as well as have a lot of downloads and saves, an additional hard drive is necessary to ensure that the adequate amount of space is there. While the 4GB hard drive may sound like a lot of space, the space can fill up rather quick for those that play a lot.
- Older style Xbox consoles are going to need a wireless adapter if you want to connect to a wireless network. While the console can be connected via a hard wired connection, this device can cost upwards of $100. Most of the newer models will already have a wireless network built directly into the console.
- While optional, some players opt to purchase customized skins for their console. These skins will wrap around the machine, allowing the console to have a unique customizable look. These skins will usually start at $20.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Mass Effect 3
$19 to $29
$37 to $47
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
$55 to $59
Gears of War 3
$27 to $37
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
$28 to $38
Call of Duty: Black Ops
$46 to $56
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
$39 to $49
Batman: Arkham City
$33 to $43
NOTE: Accurate as of July 2012. These are the prices for a new game. Used games can help save you 30 percent.
Tips to know:
- The problem with many Xbox consoles is that they tend to have a lot of problems. If you’re planning on playing the console a lot, it may be a good idea to purchase an extended warranty. That way, if a problem does exist outside of the warranty redemption period, you will be covered.
How can I save money?
- Money can be saved by watching for bundle deals, such as a free game or free accessories with purchase of an X-Box 360. Watch your local ads to find good bundle deals.
- Refurbished 360s can be purchased through stores such as Best Buy and through services such as Amazon.
- When purchasing games, it’s highly advisable that one considers renting before making a purchase. If possible, try to wait a few months before making a purchase to ensure that the maximum full retail price isn’t paid.