How Much Does a Yellow Page Ad Cost?
The yellow pages were the main source of information before the internet. The yellow pages contain a wealth of information regarding different buisinesses, their numbers, and their locations and services. A lot of businesses place advertisements in the yellow pages to boost sales and to make their products or services known to potential clients. Advertising in the yellow pages requires full payment before printing, or it can be billed monthly over the lifespan of the contract. This contract will usually last for up to 12 months. Advertisements placed in the yellow pages usually vary in size and design. The contract can be extended depending on the clients’ needs and sales results and the yellow pages also offer auto renewal of the ad. Today, the term “yellow pages” can be broad since they now have print, internet and mobile phone advertisements to reach a wider range of consumers.
How much is it?
- On average, a listing can range anywhere from $5 to as much as $1,000+ per month depending on the size of the ad as mentioned above. The price of advertising in the yellow pages usually varies depending on the size and the design of the ad. The duration of the contract would also play a role in determining the price difference of the ad. Typically, there are three mediums available to post an advertisement which include the internet, print and mobile phone. The rates can be different depending on the specific location.
- The most popular ad that the Yellow Pages offer is the business card, which includes all the basic information together with the link to the website plus the logo of the business. This package can cost upwards of $395 per year.
- Other offers that the Yellow Pages make available are the promotional display ad, which varies in size, as well as Sponsored Display Advertising, which can cost $495 to $795 annually.
- For example, Metro Atlanta Yellow Pages offers advertisements that vary in rate depending on the amount of information or design in the ad. The site offers up to 6 types of advertisement package that can accommodate the different needs of their clients. The basic listing that they offer is the bold listing, which includes basic information such as the name, phone, and address of the business which can cost $100 annually. If you would like to have the link to your website to be shown on the listing, it will cost an additional $50 for a $150 total.
- True Yellow is another site that offers yellow pages advertising. They provide 3 levels of listings, which are enhanced, feature and logo listings. The advertising rates according to the site can range from $280 to $375.
What is going to be included?
- A sales representative would usually assist the advertiser in creating the design of the advertisement.
- The yellow pages will provide a 12 month contract for the advertisement which can be paid in full or monthly for the duration of the ad.
- Yellow pages usually offer free listings online, which can help start up your ad for free.
What are the extra costs?
- The design for the ad can be performed by different graphic design studios. The cost of the design depends on the size of the page that will be covered. The price range can be from $900 to $3000. This is for a quarter column to a triple truck 3 page spread.
- The ad usually lasts for about a year and it can be renewed for a price that will be disclosed by the yellow pages.
How can I save money?
- Try to get an advertising package that will be simple yet recognizable. An example of this would be a package that shows the basic information of your company as well as a printed logo so people will be able to recognize it.
- Since the Yellow Pages are becoming obsolete, consider other advertising alternatives online such as Pay Per Click advertising, search engine optimization, and more.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|