How Much Does an Air Conditioner Circuit Board Cost?
A circuit board is typically used in the air conditioner to turn the unit on and off in response the home’s thermostat settings. If the circuit board stops working, the entire unit will stop working.
How much is it?
- All air conditioner repairs are going to vary from city to city. The costs will also depend on the make and model of the air conditioner. To have a professional repair a circuit board, be prepared to spend about $130 to $620. Since each job is going to be unique, consider getting free quotes for your job at HomeAdvisor.com.
- Those who want to perform the repair on their own can plan on spending about $25 to $200 for the part.
- RepairClinic.com, for example, has a variety of air conditioner control panels up for sale that range from $35 to $185.
Tips to know
- Before calling the professionals, check the circuit breaker to make sure the breaker wasn’t tripped. This often can happen during a storm.
- 90 percent of the time, a fuse is a problem with circuit board failure. These amps are similar to those that are found in the car and are usually three or five amps.
A circuit board can fail for a few reasons:
- A surge in the home’s power can cause the circuitry to become damaged.
- Field wires inside the board can become short or damaged, causing damage.
- Pests may also may their way into the unit causing damage to the circuit board.
How can I save money?
- Repairing a circuit board is often beyond the skill of most homeowners; however, most are able to tell if it’s damaged just by looking at one because it will look either damaged, burned or broken.
- If your unit is still under warranty, the repair may be covered. Also, if you have a home warranty, check with your warranty company to see if the parts are covered.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.