How Much Does AZEK Decking Cost?
AZEK decking boards are a top brand of stain-resistant decking and are a superior decking alternative. Refining and redefining the very concept of building a deck, AZEK deck is engineered with Procell Technology and practically eliminates the shortfalls that are associated with wood and composite decking.
Known as the main manufacturer of plastic decking, this brand is less likely to fade and stays cooler in the direct sunlight.
How much is it?
- On average, AZEK composite decking material cost about $9 to $15 per square foot. This is the price for the boards only and won’t include installation. Overall, the cost is going to depend on the collection you choose. Since most jobs are going to be unique, consider using HomeAdvisor.com to receive multiple quotes from contractors in your area.
- As for professional installation, plan on budgeting at least $28 to $39 per square foot.
- According to this STLToday.com, a Philadelphia contractor charged $34 per square foot to install an AZEK deck. The article also notes that one of the main reasons this decking is so expensive is due to the petroleum-based material.
What is going to be included?
- AZEK offers the following collections: Harvest, Terra and Arbor.
- AZEK decking is a perfect and universally applicable solution that covers rough, uneven ground or old, damaged concrete. The decking is also ideal where elevated seating is needed. The decking raises the exterior entertaining areas above muddy or damp ground and presents a level area for garden furniture.
- A wide variety of decking material options are available for homeowners since AZEK decking boards are available in diverse grades of timber and colors. Common colors include light brown, reddish browns, dark browns, grays and light grays.
- AZEK commonly comes in 12, 16 and 20-foot lengths; however, you may be able to find it smaller.
- The company includes a lifetime warranty for homeowners and a 20-year warranty for commercial projects.
What are the extra costs?
- Permits, beams, footings and frames can add to the costs. Since all contractors price jobs differently, it’s important to get a breakdown on the costs before proceeding.
- Ongoing costs include the maintenance of the decking, sanding and re-staining.
Tips to know:
- Decking dries quickly following rain and warms during sunlight. You can have it built around the zenith of an above-ground swimming pool or any other water feature, and then have it trimmed with balustrading to create a stylish relaxing area.
- If you would like any guidance on which material to select, AZEK staff will be glad to help you and they can send you samples. The staff can also give you advice on how to care for your decking. With the proper re-staining and cleaning, the AZEK decking will remain in perfect condition for several years.
How can I save money?
- Be sure that you have a copy of the manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements for AZEK composite decking prior to starting to ensure that your project does not end up costing you more cash in the long-run.
- Visit a few retailers that sell the decking to see who can offer the best rate.
- If you’re going to hire a professional contractor, make sure that you get at least three quotes. Most will be more than happy to offer a free estimate.
- Order a sample kit from the company to see if it’s something that you’re interested in.
- Since AZEK is a brand, don’t forget to compare other known brands and materials.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.