How Much Do Bridesmaids Bouquets Cost?
Bridesmaids bouquets are the flowers that are held by the bridesmaids and maid of honor of the bride in a wedding. Although less elaborate than the bridal bouquet, the bouquets for the bridesmaids are an important detail of the wedding that should not be overlooked. Smaller than the maid of honor’s bouquet, these bouquets may sometimes double as reception decorations in displays on the bridal table.
How much does it cost?
- The cost for bridesmaids bouquets will vary largely as the prices for different flowers vary as well. Commonly, bridesmaids carry fresh or silk flowers. Roses are very common since they are not that expensive. Most florists give the price range of $50 to $300 per bouquet.
- According to BreathtakingBridalBouquets.com, the price for bridesmaid’s bouquets range from $65 to $150.
- As mentioned, the price for bouquets depends on the flowers. Aside from roses, common flowers used for bouquets are tulips, hydrangeas, craspedia and the like. Brides.com gives prices of some bouquets of different flowers. Tulip bouquets, for example, cost $175. Caipirinha roses accented with finesse roses, feverfew, narcissuses, and ad rem tulips cost $235. Bouquet of opium roses, black Baccara roses, scabiosa, and purple stock costs $50. Other types of flowers can cost $50 to $275, depending on the “recipe” of flowers in the bouquet.
What is going to be included?
- Bridesmaid bouquets can usually be purchased at any local flower shop. However, since they are for special occasions, you must order them ahead of time. Ask your florist about the availability of the flowers you want for your wedding. As we all know, some flowers are seasonal. Flowers such as lilies, gardenias, hydrangea, and peonies can be expensive since they can only be found at certain times of the year.
- You usually need to pay separately for the bouquets. However, other florists make a package of bridal bouquet, bride’s toss bouquet, maid of honor’s bouquet and the bridesmaid’s bouquets. All of these complement each other in accordance to the motif of the wedding.
- Either purchased in a package or bought individually, you can purchase the bouquets locally or with the use of internet. There are several websites that will help you with your orders.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping fees. It is an advantage to purchase the bouquets online since everything is done more easily. However, you will likely pay for the shipping fees. The fee for the shipping depends on your location and on the number of bouquets ordered. Because it takes special care to ship them without damage, you may pay higher than average shipping costs.
- Additional Items. As previously mentioned, you need to make sure that your wedding bouquet will complement the bouquets of the bridesmaids and maid of honor. Not to mention that you need to consider the boutonnieres, corsages and other items. All these will cost additional money.
Factors that influence the price:
- Type of flowers used. Expect to pay more for the bouquets if you have chosen a flower that is not common or are not in season during your wedding. However, if you choose ordinary flowers you will surely save money.
- Location. Some flowers are not common in some states. Thus, you may need to order outside the state if you are very particular on the flower bouquets you want for your wedding.
Tips to know:
- Talk to your florist about some bridesmaid bouquets ideas you want. You can browse the internet and get useful ideas on what could make your bouquets extra special yet affordable.
- As mentioned, the bouquet flowers of the bride and her bridesmaid must complement. However, they do not have to be the same. In addition, the bride’s bouquet can be more embellished than that of the bridesmaids.
- Other important factors in choosing a bouquet are the shape and the size. Thus, you should consider these as they would determine the price as well.
Questions to ask the florist:
- How long in advance should I order the bouquets?
- Do you give discounts for bulk orders?
- What are your recommended styles of bouquets? Do you have pictures or portfolio I could browse?
How can I save money?
- Aside from shopping around for cheaper flowers, a good way to cut costs on bridesmaids’ bouquets is to have them carry one single flower instead of a bouquet. Just tie it with a pretty bow or ribbon and make sure that it matches a flower in the bride’s bouquet. This is not just simple and elegant, but it can also save a great deal of money.
- Try to call at least three florists before making a decision. Most will be more than happy to provide you with a quote over the phone.
- Silk flowers will probably be less expensive than real flowers. You could also make your own bouquets by purchasing the silk flowers and putting them together yourself.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.