How Much Does Bryant Park Ice Skating Cost?
Bryant Park ice skating rink is the highlight in Bank of America Winter Village in New York City. Located between 40th and 42nd Streets, The Rink at Bryant Park is the only free admission rink in the city. In addition to the ice rink, the venue also features a fine-casual eatery, holiday shops, and the Bryant Park Grill.
How much does it cost?
- Bryant Park ice skating general admission is free. However, if you don’t bring your own skates, the skate rental is $20, while Express Skate, which allows you to skip the line, costs $28.
What is going to be included?
- The skating rink is open from late October until early March. The official hours and date of opening/closing will be posted here.
- Admission is free at Bryant Park. Skating hours run from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. all days of the week. The rink has a skating time limit of around 1.5 hours. Users can stay in the Skating Pavilion and return to the rink after a break. No re-entry is allowed when guests leave the pavilion. A Winter Village wristband is required to enter the ice rink.
- Skate aids in the form of penguins and polar bears are available for children under 10 only. The aids are for beginner skaters only to help them navigate the rink easily.
- Lockers and bag check are provided in the skating pavilion.
What are the extra costs?
- Skate aids are available for $20 per hour.
- Helmet rental is $6.
- Lockers are provided at no cost, but locks can be rented for $10.
- Bag check is also offered and costs $10 for regular bags and $12 for larger ones.
- Skate sharpening service is also provided and costs $20 per hour.
- Skating lessons are offered at The Rink for $60 per 30 minutes. 2 to 3 students at once will cost $80 per 30 minutes, and, 4 to 6 students will cost $120 per 30 minutes. The prices do not include skate rentals. Each skate lesson lasts 30 minutes.
- Individual and group skate lessons are provided for all ages and levels. The lessons can be arranged through email. Phone reservations are accepted and must be made 48 hours in advance (minimum). Walk-in reservations are also accepted and will be based on coach availability. Accepted forms of payment for walk-in reservations are cash and credit card. For groups, The Rink requires reservations to be made 24 hours in advance. Group reservations can be made for 20 to 100 persons and include the use of Express Skate, which allows users to skip the line and skate rental. Group reservation payments are made using credit cards or company-issued checks. Full payment is required before reservations are secured.
Tips to know:
- The Bryant Park ice skating rink is closed during heavy rain or severe storms. The current status of the rink is posted at the top of their website’s homepage. The status is updated throughout the day.
- The Polar Lounge at The Rink is also available for birthday parties and other events. In addition to the ice skating rink, Bryant Park also offers the use of Danny Meyer’s Public Fare for holiday parties and special occasions.
- The Rink is 170′ x 100′.
- Since it’s free, it can be very busy after school and during the weekends. If you want to avoid these crowds, experts will tell you to arrive early and avoid all holiday weeks/weekends.
- You will not be able to bring cell phones, cameras, headphones or backpacks on the ice.
How can I save money?
- Save $10 by bringing your own lock instead of purchasing one in the skating pavilion.
- Skate rental for groups with at least 20 persons is waived. Rate per person is $20.
- If you wish to take skate lessons in The Rink, team up with friends or family to avail of discounted rates.
- Bring your own skates so you don’t have to rent a pair.