How Much Does Carmel Valley Ranch Cost?
The Carmel Valley Ranch is located on 500 acres in Carmel Valley, between the coastal village of Carmel-by-the-Sea and the Santa Lucia Mountains. The area, with its long and rich agricultural history, was originally used to grow apricots, nectarines, and various other fruits; however, these orchards were removed in 1932 after the Great Depression. In its place, the golf course was built. Although the golf course first opened in May of 1981, the resort was not built until 1986, where it opened in June of the following year. The Ranch was purchased by John Pritzker’s San Francisco-based firm, Geolo Capital, in 2009.
How much is it?
- Golf Memberships: Non-refundable initiation fee of $10,000 or refundable initiation fee of $15,000. The monthly fee for those above the age of 45 is $695, and the monthly fee for those younger than 45 is $520.
- Ranch Memberships: The non-refundable initiation fee is $3,000, the monthly fee is $350.
- Ranch Spa Membership: The non-refundable initiation fee is around $3,750, and the monthly fee is $520.
The club offers the following memberships
- Golf Memberships: Benefits include unlimited golf rounds, a golf locker, storage, unlimited practice range privileges, access to eight tennis courts, a fitness center offering group classes and individual training, a family pool, seasonal spa discounts, and a preferred room rate at the resort.
- Ranch Memberships: Benefits include discounted golf rate twice a month, golf practice range privileges during non-prime times, access to the eight tennis courts, a fitness center offering group classes and individual training, a family pool, seasonal spa discounts, and preferred room rate at the resort.
- Ranch Spa Memberships: This membership has all benefits of the ranch membership. Extra benefits include access to spa and spa facilities seven days a week, 20% discount on spa treatments, one complimentary 50-minute-spa treatment per month, spa fitness facility, and discounts on regular dining at the Lodge Restaurant, clubhouse dining, and River Ranch Cafe.
What is going to be included?
- Club amenities include fitness center, a family pool, a family hot tub, a children’s splash zone, eight tennis courts, bocce courts, and discounts for trail rides and horseback riding lessons.
What are the extra costs?
- Outside guests who don’t hold a membership will pay the following green fees: $175 for 18 holes or $90 for nine holes. Those who stay at the resort can receive discounted rates.
- Club rentals will be $45 for nine holes or $75 for 18 holes.
- Shoe rentals are $15.
- Driving range is $15.
- The golf academy and group lessons can be an additional cost.
- Guest fees will apply.
Tips to know:
- The club often offers incentives for those who sign up for the first time. For example, this may include a free cart rental for a few months or a golf pro shop merchandise gift card.