How Much Does a Chair Lift for Stairs Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A chair lift is a machine that is primarily used to transport people up and down a flight of stairs. As we age, our body gets more fragile and the activities that we used to be able to do when we were younger can become very hard. Simple tasks such as going up and down a staircase can be an arduous thing to do. With a little ingenuity, this problem can be considered as a thing of the past as there are inventions that can make this simpler for elder people. The stairlift is installed on the side of the stairs and is operated by electricity. This machine is the ideal solution for multi level homes where an elderly or mobility impaired person resides. The device is also a space saver since it can be folded after use.
How much is it?
- The price of a chair lift depends on the model, where it’s purchased, if a contractor is brought in and the installation setup.
- On average, a chair lift can cost anywhere from $1,500 to as much as $5,000. This would be for the product itself and would not include any sort of professional installation. The price of refurbished or used stairlifts sold can be anywhere from $1,700 to $2,200.
- According to USMedicalSupply.com, an online medical store that sells reconditioned and brand new chair lifts, the price for reconditioned chairlifts can cost anywhere from $1,550 to $2,300. A brand new chair lift can cost anywhere from $2,800 to $3,345.
- Stair Lifts USA provides information and plenty of resources for chair lifts and other related products. The site expects the customers to pay anywhere from $2,800 to $4,000 for either a refurbished or brand new chair lift.
What is going to be included?
- The chair lifts are sold together with a warranty. The length of the warranty depends on the manufacturer of the product and its features.
- Each chair lift has been certified by the manufacturer to be free of defects, and the standards are within the company’s limits.
- Some manufacturers will include the installation of the chair lift in your house; it usually takes about 25 minutes to complete the installation.
- Most chair lifts that are sold can be used with both electric and battery power sources.
What are the extra costs?
- The chair lift will need scheduled maintenance so that the wear and tear it accumulates from every day use will be lessened. After the warranty expires, expect to pay for the parts ad service for the maintenance.
- Consider professional installation costs to be extra. The price is going to greatly depend on the setup, the chair lift, as well as the contractor completing the job. The standard installation job can range anywhere from $500 to $1,300.
How can I save money?
- Most manufacturers sell refurbished chair lifts that can cost just half of the cost of brand new ones. Since manufacturers guarantee their product, you can expect the chair lifts to be durable.
- Besides checking with the manufacture, it does not hurt to check with online used resources such as eBay or Craigslist.