How Much Does a Club Mahindra Membership Cost?
Club Mahindra are pre-bought vacations that last up to 25 years. To put it in simple terms: When you buy a membership, you buy an accommodation for one week for 25 years. With this club, you can choose from more than 40 full-service resorts in India. When purchasing this type of membership, you never have to worry about raising hotel rates again.
How much is it?
- On average, a basic club membership has a buy-in of about $3,000 to more than $25,000+ The costs will depend on the season color and the type of apartment. Refer to the chart noted below to get a good estimate.
|Season Color||Type of Apartment||Price||Annual Fee|
What is going to be included?
- A Club Mahindra membership offers seven days of holiday per year, and this is good for 25 years. You enjoy your own options and flexibility in choosing your holiday time with your family. Membership lets you buy a holiday season of your choice. Furthermore, you can gather all your holidays or advance these to have longer vacation time.
- The club has a unique option for scheduling holiday vacation by coded colored seasons: purple, red, white and blue. The purple season is exclusively for Purple members who choose to schedule travel plans to coincide with specific events like New Year, national holidays and during festivals. The red season is peak season when school is over and a member could travel any time of the year. The white season is relatively a quiet time whereby most tourists have finished their vacation time, and destinations are considered to be crowded anymore. The blue season is the time when there are not so many holidays and members just want to book a vacation due to preferred weather conditions.
- The club’s resorts offer sports facilities like tennis, cricket, badminton, golf and other types of games. There are resorts that have workshops such as learning how to cook, crafts and arts, pot making and similar activities. Some resorts offer camping, nature and adventure activities, dance workshops, bird watching, rappelling, and other forms of entertainment. Moreover, each resort comes with fully equipped gyms, swimming pools, and Ayurvedic centers.
- The club membership offers the following types of apartments: a studio, one bedroom, and two bedrooms. A studio apartment can accommodate two adults and two children who are younger than 12 comfortably. One bedroom apartments are larger than a studio and can accommodate four people. A one bedroom is equipped with a separate living room and bedroom. A two bedroom apartment is the larger apartment and can accommodate up to six adults comfortably.
- With a Club Mahindra membership, you get a two-year RCI memberships. RCI is an international affiliate exchange network allowing vacation ownership owners around the world to bank and exchange their domestic holiday inventory for international holidays. Once a nominal exchange fee is paid, you can pick from more than 6500 resorts in over 90 countries. In two year’s time, you can renew your membership with RCI to keep enjoying the same level of benefits.
What are the extra costs?
- Some resort amenities like the golf course, gym equipment and others may add extra costs.
- As noted above, an annual fee will have to be paid to keep the membership active.
- Exchanges to any resorts in India or outside through India via RCI will incur an exchange fee.
- Food, DVD rentals and children’s activities will be an additional cost at the resorts.
Tips to know:
- The club recommends that a member must make reservations early, at least 60 days before traveling.
- Club Mahindra Holidays currently has an expanding customer base of more than 170,000 members and 40 resorts located in the most exotic destinations in India and abroad.
- Club Mahindra membership offers you pre-bought holidays for a week per year for 25 years. When you use this membership often, it pays itself off in about five to eight years.
- Carefully read over their membership requirements and understand their terms by reading through the “frequently asked questions” on their website.
- If you want to advance your holiday privileges, you must pay your ASF (annual subscription fee) in advance.
- If you cancel 10 days of enrollment, you will lose 60 percent of your money.
How can I save money?
- If you’re thinking about signing up for this club, make sure that you’re going to use the club enough to get your investment back. If you don’t think you’re going to use it as often as you think you will, consider renting a hotel or vacation home instead.
- Purchasing a membership on the second-hand market could save you more than 40 percent.
- If you pay for a membership in full, you could save as much as 5 percent.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.