How Much Does Coconut Water Cost?
Coconut water, also referred to as coconut juice, is a nutrient rich fluid found in young coconut fruits. Although coconut water is most common in tropical countries, it is also sold in countries like the United States where the coconut is not so common. Coconut water is pasteurized and is often sold in cans or bottles. The juice of the coconut is derived by simply cutting the coconut in half. Packed with several health benefits, coconut water is deemed as “Mother Nature’s sports drink.” It is rich in potassium, has no fat, and is low in calories and sodium. Coconut water is also sterile unless the coconut has been damaged. Because of this, coconut water has been used in poorer nations when saline was not available.
How much does it cost?
- The price for coconut water depends on the brand, size and where it’s purchased from. However, the price ranges from $20 to $30 for an 11-ounce bottle in packs of 12.
- Amazon.com features some brands of coconut water that come in 11.1, 16.2 and 33.8-ounce containers sold in 12 packs each. Since the number in each pack varies, the price for the pack itself will also vary. Prices are usually set at $20 to $30. However, there are brands that cost less than $20 for packs with only 8.45-ounce cans.
- Target also features different brands of coconut water sold in bottles or in cans. The prices, however, differ from one store to another. Plan on spending anywhere from $2.50 to $4 per can.
What is going to be included?
- Like any other purchase, buying coconut water can be done online. Most of the coconut water that is available to us locally has already been processed and pasteurized. If you want fresh coconut milk that has not been pasteurized or processed, you will need to order it online or have a local health food store order it for you.
- Since it is a bit hard to look for fresh young coconut water, you can opt for canned or bottled milk sold at some retail stores both online and at local grocery stores. However, there are things you need to bear in mind before purchasing coconut water, one of which is to look for any added sugar.
- Try to choose plain coconut water rather than the flavored kind. This way, you are limiting the calories and unnatural additives of the water. In addition, you must look for a brand that has the most potassium per serving.
Factors that influence the price:
- Quantity per pack. Needless to say, an 18-ounce pack is a bit expensive than an 11-ounce pack.
- Brand of the coconut water. Some brands will be more expensive due to their reputation.
- Location/Store location. Stores, depending on where they are located in the country, offer different prices for packs of coconut water. Even stores of the same name are not expected to have the same prices since prices are influenced largely by the geographic location of the store.
Tips to know:
- Added sugar is listed in the label of coconut water as sucrose, fructose or as a sugar alcohol. You should not choose these types of coconut water. As mentioned, it is safer and much healthy to opt for plain coconut water.
- According to FYILiving.com, the nutrient contents and health benefits of coconut water vary from one brand to another. However, one thing is common: most coconut waters are naturally low in calories and are fat-free.
- Coconut water is naturally antibacterial and antimicrobial. Beneficial in fighting infections, warding off diseases and boosting one’s immune system, coconut water can help balance good and bad bacteria in the digestive track.
- The brand of the coconut water is not as important as the ingredients. If the ingredient label reads the same, there will be very little difference between the name brand and the off brand. Opt for the cheaper one.
- If you are using coconut water in a recipe of some kind, make sure you know which the the recipes needs. Using the wrong type can ruin the dish or drink that you are making.
How can I save money?
- Aside from shopping around and looking for the all natural coconut water at an affordable price, try to buy at the nearest grocery store. This is a lot cheaper than buying online wherein you need to consider shipping charges and minimal taxes.
- Also check major brand websites and/or social media outlets for coupons that you can use at the local grocery store.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.