How Much Does a Collar Bone Piercing Cost?
A collar bone piercing is a newer trend and is one of the many micro dermal piercings known as “surface piercings.”
These types of piercings are placed under the skin’s surface because they are done in areas that are neither convex nor concave. Other popular areas for a surface piercing includes the chest, arms, and wrists.
Collar bone piercings can be done in many ways. Some choose to have it done on one side, while others choose to get one piercing on each side.
How much does it cost?
- On average, be prepared to spend around $35 to as much as $150 for the procedure. The cost will depend on the number of piercings, if jewelry is needed and the company doing the procedure.
- According to Buzzle.com, the cost of a collar bone piercing ranges anywhere from $100 to $150.
What is going to be included?
- Before the piercing, the piercer will mark the area with a marker to show you exactly where he is going to pierce the skin.
- A collar bone piercing includes insertion of a needle in a skin area in the clavicle or collar bone which is neither concave nor convex. The procedure involves traversing along a flap of skin rather than completely passing through a body portion from one end to another like in the ear.
- The jewelry is attached to the needle and as the latter is pushed out gently, the bar replaces the needle. Collar bone piercing jewelry should be strictly bio-compatible.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional services on top of the collar bone piercing would also require extra costs. This could include additional piercings.
- Jewelry is often not included in the initial price. The price of jewelry will depend on the materials and whether or not there are any stones. On average, plan on budgeting around $10 to $100 for the jewelry.
- There are after care products that you may need to purchase to prevent irritation and infection as well as to ease the pain.
- After an artist does your piercing, he will expect a tip. This should be 15 to 20% of the cost of the piercing (cost of the jewelry does not need to be considered for the tip). For example, if you pay $60 for a piercing, you should give a tip of $9 to $12.
- In case there are problems such as complications and infections, additional expenses would be necessary for the patient’s treatment and medication. This would include the cost of visits to the doctor and the medicines such as antibiotics.
Tips to know
- Ask around for the cost of a collar bone piercing in your area. You can also check websites of professional collar bone piercers. Gather as much information as you can so that you can compare prices later on. Since this type of piercing is rather rare, it is so important that you get someone that knows what he is doing.
- Research on the effects of collar bone piercing on your health before deciding to get one so that you would know the risks and possible complications you may get later on.
- To see what various collarbone piercings look like, Tumblr has a variety of pictures from their users.
- If there is any sign of rejection or infection, the jewelry should be removed immediately. Otherwise, significant scarring could occur.
- The chances of getting an infection with this type of piercing is actually quite high. The pain is also quite high since it is one of the deepest types of piercings done.
- There are a few problems that can be experienced when getting surface piercings. The main problem is that they do not last very long, usually only 6 months to a year.
- Make sure that the shop you choose is clean and follows strict standards when it comes to cleanliness. The needles used should be fresh out of the package, and the artist should wash his hands and put on a new pair of gloves before the piercing process begins.
How can I save money?
- Take advantage of the services of a reputable and professional collar bone piercer to avoid getting complications later on. This would save you a lot of money eventually.
- Keep your eyes peeled for special promotions or deals. Many studios often have specials that you can take advantage of.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.