How Much Does a Cookie Cake Cost?
A cookie cake is an oversized cookie that can be decorated and personalized similar to a cake.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of a cookie cake will depend on the size, the design needed, if purchased in a store and where it’s purchased at. However, the price ranges from $25 to $55 for a typical 12″ cookie cake. This size cookie cake can feed 12-18 people depending on how large you cut the pieces.
- There are several sites on the internet that sell cookie cakes of various designs. Simplyscrumptous.com, for example, sells cookie cakes that are specialized for different occasions and come in varying designs and shapes for $31.95. In addition, 12″ Cookie cakes at Shipacookie.com are also sold for $29 to $43 each, depending on the complexity of the design, frostings and of course, size. The 16″ Photo Cookie Cake, for example, costs $42.49 each.
- A Mrs. Fields’ cookie cake ranges from $24.99 to $35.99.
- GreatAmericanCookies.com, another popular online cookie retailers. also has different designs of cookie cakes with varying prices. You can check out the site for the specific prices for each cake.
What is going to be included?
- Purchasing a cookie cake is relatively easy. In addition to buying it online, you can also buy one in some cookie stores in the malls. You can also call the nearest grocery store. They usually have those cookies frozen and can pull one out to thaw and decorate for you. Just make sure to call them at least a day in advance.
- The decorations and designs will be part of what you are paying. Depending on the occasion and for whom the cake is meant, you can have it personally-designed. This can include personal sayings as well as customized colors and designs of frosting. If you want in a different shape such as a heart, this is usually an option.
- If you opt to make a cookie cake on your own, you need to have the appropriate mixing and cookie-making tools and materials in your kitchen. If you do not have the complete materials yet, you may need to secure them first.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping fees. If you choose to buy your cookie cake online, expect to pay for having it delivered into your home.
- Additional options. As mentioned, there will be additional fees if you want your cookie cake to be more flavorful. Shipacookie.com, for example, has set of flavor options from which you can choose. For instance, you need to pay additional $5 for M&Ms to be added on your cake. Other options such as adding chocolate chunks, oatmeal raisins and chocolate chips also cause you additional money.
- Ingredients and materials. If you choose to make a cookie cake on your own rather than purchasing it from the store, you will not only need the ingredients to make the cookie, but you may also need a special pan and other tools. If there are any tools that you do not have, you will need to purchase them separately. For example, you may need to buy a cake decorating kit to frost and personalize the cookie cake.
Factors that influence the price:
- Store and Store Location. Stores have different prices for cookie cakes. Even if they belong to the same brand, prices will be determined by the store that sells them. Location is also a determinant for the shipping costs if you purchase the cookie cake online.
- Individual ingredient prices. Like any other foods, the price of a cookie cake is reliant upon the prices of the individual ingredients. If the prices of major ingredients take a significant rise, expect to pay high for the cake as well.
Tips to know:
- Some online stores will let you choose pre-designed cookie cakes based on the buyers’ preference. Thus, they must identify beforehand the occasion and even the gender of the one that will receive the cake.
- Opting to make your own cookie cake is relatively easy as well. In fact, cake mix cookies are wonderful for beginning cooks, who might find the usual method of creaming butter and sugar to be a bit beyond their skills. To get you started, here is a recipe from AllRecipes.com
How can I save money?
- Aside from making your own cookie cake, you can save money by buying at the nearest grocery in your area that sells pre-made cookie cakes. This will save you time and expenses on delivery as well.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.