How Much Does a Diaper Service Cost?
A diaper service offers pick up and delivery of cloth diapers. When choosing diapers, there are two options: disposable and cloth diapers. While disposable diapers are cheaper and much more convenient, they are worse for the environment and cause a lot of waste. Cloth diapers, on the other hand, are reusable and therefore do not pose a threat to the environment. However, they are also messier and hard to wash. This is where a diaper service comes in. This service will come to your home and pick up your dirty cloth diapers. From there, these diapers will be washed and clean ones will be dropped off.
How much is it?
- There are several establishments that offer diaper services and they are located all over the United States; each company will offer the service at a different price. Other factors that can affect the price is your location compared to the company as well as how many diapers you use on a weelly basis.
- On average, this type of service can cost anywhere from $20 to as much as $45 per week. This will greatly depend upon the geographical location and the age of the baby, since older infants usually use fewer diapers.
- For example, EcoBabyDiaperService.com is a company that offer diaper services. The price of their services depends on the package that you choose. They offer a basic weekly service which includes the rental of the diapers themselves, pick up and delivery, and cleaning. The price for this service can range from $20 to $25 per week.
- TinyTots.com is another company that offers diaper services. They offer diapers that have different sizes and are sorted in two categories. Customers can rent 55 to 160 cloth diapers for $20 to $40, and these are for infants and are regular cotton diapers. Another package that they offer is for toddlers and can cost anywhere from $23 to $39.
What is going to be included?
- Diaper service companies will pick up, deliver, and wash the cloth diapers for you. Inclusions outside of the basic service will depend upon the company that you choose.
What are the extra costs?
- Most services will charge a one-time registration fee. During this time, they will set up your account and get you situated for the future.
- Other accessories that are recommended include diaper safety pins as well as a diaper pail with a lid.
Tips to know:
- There are benefits in getting diaper service, but the cost can be much higher than using disposable diapers.
- Getting services from companies that offer diaper services could help you manage your time better, especially if you are using cloth diapers at home.
How can I save money?
- To save money, make sure that you rent diapers that would fit your baby. The larger the diaper is, the more expensive the service can cost. You should also consider getting a package that would offer you best value for your money by renting the average number of diapers that your infant will use per week. Renting too many diapers will cause you to waste money, but renting too few can cause you to run out too quickly.
- You would be able to get the service at discounted price if you subscribe in some of the company’s prepaid plan. They can provide as much as 15% discount off the total price of the service. Many plans also have pre-pay plans where you can pay ahead of time to help ease the costs.
- You are able to use cloth diapers and clean them at home if you have the time. Although it is more work, it will save you money and help the environment.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.