How Much Does a Dove Release Cost?
A dove release refers to the letting go of a few or many doves as a way to end a special occasion. Whether it is a wedding or a special event, releasing doves after the ceremony has been a dream for many people. While many people think that something like this happens in the movies only, it can actually be done at your event for a cost, allowing the phrase “release the doves” to become a reality. The cost of releasing doves will depend on the number of doves you would like released, your geographical location, the distance you are from the dove release company, the type of doves, and company offering the doves.
How much is it?
- Most dove release companies will have their basic prices charged according to the number of doves. Typically, they can release anywhere from two to as much as 100 doves at a time. Plan on spending anywhere from $150 to as much as $600 for the full release.
- For example, the company MemoryMakers.net charges $200 for two doves, $300 for 12, $400 for 20 and $500 for 30.
- UnitedDoves.com, a franchise with multiple locations around the United States, advertises that their prices can range anywhere from $75 to $500. They state that they can release anywhere from two to as many as 100 doves.
What is going to be included?
- When the ceremony, funeral or wedding ends, the doves will more than likely be waiting in a decorative basket filled with flowers. Upon the release, the doves will fly into the sky and circle. Doves can be released all at once, one by one, or during a funeral, you may ask the company to release one dove in remembrance of the individual.
- After a few circles in the air, the doves will know by instincts where to go. They will then fly back to where they were born and raised.
- Depending on the setup, the service may or may not play a few tracks of music during the release.
What are the extra costs?
- Most services will only travel within a certain radius. If your event is outside of their travel area, you may have to pay a surcharge that ranges anywhere from $30 to as much as $100.
- If you would like a dove to be released for a funeral, some companies may only want to release the doves at a gravesite, while others will do both the funeral home or the grave site. Usually, the company is going to charge per “release.” Therefor, if you want a release at both sites, plan on spending extra money.
- Special requests can be made during events such as weddings. These requests can include wedding arches or special releases.
- Delays in releases due to the event taking too long can result in additional hourly charges.
Tips to know:
- Most services will not release their doves during any storms or too close to dark. Be sure to ask about their refund policy if this were to happen.
- The best time to release doves is usually two to three hours before dusk.
- Some companies may let you release the doves rather than having them do it. With this, however, you have to keep in mind that most companies will want you to come to them ahead of time so that you can learn the proper way to hold and release them.
How can I save money?
- There should be a handful of dove releasing companies in your area. Talk with each one that you can find in your area to see what they can do. More often than not, they will be more than happy to provide you a quote over the phone.
- For those working with a wedding planner, be sure to ask them if they can recommend any in the local area.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.