How Much Does a Duns Number Cost?
Dun and Bradstreet is one of the easiest ways that you can open a business credit profile. This company provides commercial credit information as well as reports on businesses. It is best known for its D-U-N-S (Data Universal Numbering System) numbers, which create business information reports for more than 100 million global companies.
D-U-N-S is a 9-digit business identification number which is often required for loan applications, contracting with the government and large corporations. These reports give the reader a comprehensive breakdown of the history of the company, operating information and financials.
How much is it?
- It is free to register for a Dun and Bradstreet D.U.N.S Number. You can also have your D.U.N.S number assigned within five days for $299. With this, you can add a limitless number of trade references for your company.
- Other D&B products vary in price. For example, the CreditMonitor service, which can monitor your business credit profile, can cost $49 per month, while the CreditBuilder product costs $84 per month. The Plus and Premium packages can cost $99 to $149. Business credit reports can cost anywhere from $61 to $189. The costs will depend on how extensive the report is going to be.
- DNB.com lists its products, along with detailed pricing.
- According to metamorphium.com, you can wait up to 30 days for a free number, or pay $50 to have your number within five days.
What is going to be included?
- Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. is a financial data publishing public firm in the United States and headquartered in Short Hills, New Jersey. Often referred to as D&B, this company maintains information on over 220 million companies worldwide. D&B was founded in 1841 by Lewis Tappan under the banner of The Mercantile Agency offering a commercial credit service. This agency was also among the first to primarily focus on compiling and offering business information for its customers.
- It licenses information on corporations and businesses for use in credit decisions, business-to-business marketing as well as supply chain management. The firm supplies corporate credit reports as well as ratings, based upon industry reported information, in addition to its own analytical data.
- Dun and Bradstreet furnishes ratings on estimated financial muscle, promptness of trade payments, and the capital competence, plus statistical data, for instance financial performance ratios of rated businesses. D&B clients receive extracts of income statement data and balance sheet, as reported by D&B listed companies.
What are the extra costs?
- If already you have confirmed that your profile is active, you could get a copy of your credit report for $49.99.
Tips to know:
- Credit information on some 3 million companies in the United States and Canada is listed in The Reference Book, a rating directory. The lack of a D&B rating for a certain company indicates that Dun & Bradstreet didn’t have adequate information available to classify the company.
- Make sure that you don’t already have a number before applying for one.
- To get a number, you will need your business name, address, telephone number, the number of employees and primary contact.
How can I save money?
- If buying a product, look for promotional codes before making a purchase.
- If you can wait, go the free route. The free way can take up to 45 days, compared to the expedited route that takes less than five days.
- The more credit reports you purchase at once, the more you’re going to save.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.