How Much Does A Glass Shower Door Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A glass shower door is a type of door you can install onto your shower. Glass shower doors are used for stand alone showers that are usually separate from the bath tub or can be installed on a shower/tub combination. Glass shower doors have many advantages. First of all, these doors keep the water in the shower area so no water can leak out. Second, they keep the warmth and steam in the shower. Lastly, a glass shower door is much easier to clean and is more resistant to mildew.
How much is it?
- The cost of a glass shower door will depend on the size of the door, the thickness of the glass, the company that made the door, where you purchased it and if a contractor is involved. On average, a glass shower door can cost anywhere from $190 to as much as $1,300.
- For instance, the DreamLine SHDR 48″ Hinged Shower Door retails for $450 to $650.
- For example, Home Depot offers different kinds of glass shower doors that would fit all types and sizes of bathroom and toilet. One of the glass shower doors that they sell is a frameless door which retails for $300 to $350.
- Other types of glass shower doors sold by Home Depot includes a glass shower door in an oil rubbed bronze finish as well as glass shower doors that includes a neo-angled enclosure. The price for this kind of door ranges anywhere from $441 to $1312.
- You can also check out the website of Bathroom-Glass-Vanities.com if you want to see other types of glass shower doors from which you can choose. They also have stand alone doors as well as enclosures. The price of the doors that they sell range from $200 to $1,000.
What is going to be included?
- Glass shower doors are available in many different designs and thicknesses. You should consider the design so it can match the look of your bathroom.
- When you a purchase glass shower door, it will come packed with the hinges and screws that you need for installation. Installation instructions will also be included for those who have never installed a shower door.
What are the extra costs?
- Glass doors can be dangerous if handled improperly. If you do not secure them well enough to the shower, it could fall off the hinges and shatter. If you are unsure of how to install a shower door, you need to hire a professional installer to make sure that the glass shower doors are installed properly. Contractors will also be able to perform the job more efficiently. To find a qualified contractor in your area, use services such as ServiceMagic.com.
- Customized shower doors that need to fit a certain dimension may demand a higher price tag. If the door needs to be customized, you should plan on adding at least 30 percent to the estimates noted above.
Tips to know:
- Glass shower doors are available with frames or without. The design choices you have are unlimited and the shower door can match any look of the bathroom.
- Be sure to choose a glass shower doors that is made from durable glass and with the right amount of thickness.
How can I save money?
- To save money when buying glass shower doors, choose from glass doors that will last for a long time. Even if you invest a little extra on the glass door at the beginning, it is guaranteed that you will be able to save a lot in the long run. Research the company name online to see what kind of information you can find.
- Visit different stores that sell the product to check if they offer the glass doors at a cheaper price. Check for store sales and see what they have to offer you to maximize your purchase.
- If you are having your whole bathroom redone and have hired a contractor, go through that company to get you glass shower door as well. The contractor will most likely have a package deal that will be much cheaper than purchasing things separately.