How Much Do Baby Wipes Cost?
Baby wipes, along with diapers, clothes, and food, that are a necessity for your baby. Baby wipes can be used for a variety of occasions such as cleaning up after meals or even after a diaper change. They are also great for wiping up messes on furniture and tables. The use of the wipe will not affect the cost, however; the price of baby wipes is going to vary depending upon the brand, the number included in a pack, and the store selling it.
How much is it?
- Most baby wipes are going to include 50 to 150 wipes per pack. While some can be sold individually, many will come in packs of five to ten per box. On average, an individual pack can cost $2 to $6, while a box of 200 to 400 could cost anywhere from $12 to $30. Again, this is going to vary depending upon the brand.
- Flushable baby wipes that can be flushed down the toilet without causing a problem to your septic system, can cost $4 to $9 per 100 pack. Keep in mind that most baby wipes should not be flushed down the toilet as it can cause problems in the drainage system.
- On average, baby wipes can cost as much as $200 to $600 per year. Figure that it is going to take anywhere from one to two boxes a month depending upon use.
- For instance, the highly rated Pampers Sensitive Wipes that are designed for sensitive skin retail for $23 to $30. Another popular product such as the Seventh Generation Free & Clear Wipes retails for $11 to $15 per 350 wipes.
What are the extra costs?
- In case of a diaper rash, a wipe may not be enough and might even cause more discomfort. Diaper rash cream will also be recommended in order to help get rid of the rash.
- Since baby wipes can be rather cold outside of the box, parents may purchase a wipe warmer. Within a few seconds, a wipe can be warmed so that the child is comfortable. This is ideal for babies who tend to get cranky with colder wipes. A baby wipe warmer can cost $15 to $30.
- There are portable containers you can purchase and reuse. These make it convenient to carry about 20 wipes in a purse or bag without having the bring the whole box.
What is going to be included?
- Baby wipes are going to come designed either for sensitive skin or with specialized formulas and can either be flushable or not.
Tips to know:
- Consider going with generic brands. Most of your grocery stores will have off brands that are 20 to 30 percent less expensive than name brands.
- There are a few steps that you can take to make your own baby wipes. TheFrugalBaby.com has a great step-by-step guide as to how you can create your own. It will just require a few cups of water, shampoo, cotton squares and some baby oil. There are many different ways to create wipes.
How can I save money?
- If you have a membership to a wholesale club such as Sam’s Club or Costco, consider purchasing your wipes here. These boxes can come with upwards of 1,000 wipes and will be a lot cheaper than purchasing them individually.
- Many name brand baby wipe companies such as Huggies will have coupons in the local Sunday paper. Keep your eyes peeled for these coupons to save $1 to $3 per purchase.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.