How Much Do BMX Bikes Cost?
A BMX bike, which means bicycle motocross, is an off-road bicycle used in racing and stunt riding.
How much is it?
- The cost of BMX bike will depend on the brand, the materials it’s made from, the condition and where it’s purchased from. On average, a BMX bike can cost anywhere from $200 to as much as $1,000. This price may change depending on where you buy your bike and whether it came stock or you had things customized.
- BMXforSale.com has several BMX bikes in stock and these bikes are manufactured by different companies. One of the bikes that they sell is a 20-inch Pro Model Bike which is considered to be an ideal choice for serious BMX riders. The site lists the price of this bike at $600 to $700.
- ProBoardShop.com is yet another store online that offers different gear used for several Xtreme sports which includes BMX racing. Looking at their website, you will notice that a lot of the BMX bikes that they have in stock are on sale. The regular price of the BMX bikes that they are selling can range anywhere from $250 to $699.
- For serious and casual BMX bike riders on the lookout for a great deal for BMX bikes, a higher-end retailer called Performance Bike has a website that offers 100% satisfaction with their products. They have BMX bikes for professional riders as well as kids who are starting out their dream in riding BMX bikes. The price of the bikes that they sell can range anywhere from $99 to $550.
What is going to be included?
- When you buy fully assembled BMX bikes, all of the parts are already included with the bike so you do not have to buy any added parts. The only exception to this is if you want the bike custom made or if a part needs to be replaced.
- The maker of the bike should offer some type of warranty on the bike itself and the individual parts.
What are the extra costs?
- Added costs involved when buying BMX bikes are the accessories such as protective gear that you need to wear so you can ride safely. This equipment includes helmets, knee pads, write guards, and elbow pads. Plan on spending around $50 to $150 for quality start-up gear.
- The sport of BMX can result in many different injuries when being practiced. These injuries may result in medical expenses.
- If you crash your bike while performing tricks, it may end up needing some repair or a new paint job. Each repair will cost extra.
- Regular bike maintenance, such as tires and chains, will be needed on a BMX bike as well.
Tips to know:
- If you do not like assembled BMX bikes, you can actually build your own from scratch. This is considered the best way to have a bike since all of the parts are up to your standards and liking.
- If your bike comes with a warranty, it will not cover damage that is done to the bike while doing tricks or stunts. The only thing it will cover is faulty assembly or base parts. Also, if you make any customizations after buying the bike, the warranty may become null and void.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Consider purchasing your bikes used. By purchasing a BMX bike used online through services such as Craigslist, you can save as much as 60%.
- Do not buy an expensive BMX bike on which to learn stunts. Practice on a cheaper bike, and once you become a better rider you can go for one of the popular brands.