How Much Do Candles Cost?
Candles are made of a block of fuel, usually wax, that has an embedded wick used to provide light as well as heat. Most candles today are made of paraffin, but there are several varieties made from beeswax, soy, and plant waxes. Candles now are used for other purposes other than just providing light and heat. Spa and massage facilities use aromatic candles to soothe the senses as well as remove foul odors and provide mosquito repellent. The price of candles varies depending on the size of the candle and its purpose. The materials used to produce the candle can also have an effect on the price.
How much is it?
- Candles are going to greatly vary in price. Expect to pay anywhere from $1 to $35.
- Unscented candles are priced $15 to $25. These candles are perfect for an event such as a wedding since they can last up to 10 hours.
- Hand poured feng shui candles are an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics claimed to help improve life. These candles generally come in a pack of 5 and can cost anywhere from $15 to $19 per pack.
- Aromatherapy candles come in different scents made with essential and natural oils. The scents can be something such as lemongrass, orange, lavender, etc. These can cost anywhere from $19 to $27 per pack.
- Scented candles tend to be the most popular candles that are purchased. These can come in a variety of scents such as cinnamon or even wacky scents such as birthday cake or sugar cookie. The cost of a scented candle can vary from $4 to $20.
- Battery operated candles that do not use a match or a wisk can light with a flick of a switch. These candles usually take a small AA battery. These can cost anywhere from $7 to $17 for a pack of 3 various sizes. These are also known as flameless candles.
- Another popular candle is the Beeswax candle which can cost anywhere from $9 to $23 for a pack of 4 to 12 candles.
- For those that want to make their own candles, there are kits on the market that allow you to create your own candles. These kits can cost $16 to as much as $100. It is all going to depend on how creative you want to get and how many you’re going to make.
What are the extra costs?
- Candles drip and they can be messy. There are candle holders on which the candles should be placed to catch the dripping wax. The price for candle holders varies depending on the design and make. The price usually starts at $6.
What is going to be included?
- The candles have different inclusions depending on the type of candle you choose to purchase. Some candle sets will already have a candle holder as well as additional items used to enhance eye appeal.
Types of candles:
How can I save money?
- Buy a candle for its intended purpose. When buying scented candles, make sure that you will use it for aroma therapy sessions. The same can be said when buying unscented candles which are meant to be used at home. These candles are cheaper and more practical for home use.
- For events such as a wedding, check with local companies to see if you can purchase the candles in bulk. The more you purchase, the more you can save per candle.