How Much Do Crib Sheets Cost?
Crib sheets are made specifically to fit a crib mattress. Crib sheets are made to be very tight around the crib mattress to prevent them from coming off or bunching up. Sheets that are too big should be avoided since they pose a suffocation threat to the baby.
How much does it cost?
- On average, depending on the material and brand of crib sheets, most should plan on spending anywhere from $7 to $55 for a set.
- Toys R Us, for example, has a wide range of crib sheets that range from $7 to $27.
- At Target.com, the prices of crib sheets range between $9 and $29.
What is going to be included?
- Most crib sheets are made from 100% cotton and are designed to fit a standard crib mattress. Just like thread counts on the bed sheets, crib sheets will have a certain number of threads that can range from 200 to 800. The more threads the sheet has, the softer it will feel and the more expensive it will be.
- If you purchase a bed set that includes sheets, you will usually get a sheet, a mattress pad, a blanket, and a bumper with your purchase. All of these items will be made to match and complement each other and can be bought to match the decor of the baby’s room.
- Crib sheets will have reinforced corners to make sure that they do not come loose while the baby is sleeping.
- Designs can vary anywhere from a standard color to simple designs such as animals or patterns.
- If you shop online, the shipment cost will be calculated during checkout right before you finalize your order.
What are the extra costs?
- Items that do not indicate free shipping are subject to shipping charges.
- Tax, and shipping and handling fees are extra costs.
- Other parts to the crib such as the pads and bumpers are considered additional costs. Pads should cost no more than $25.
Factors that influence the price:
- Shipment costs depend on the destination of the items you purchase and the shipping method you choose.
- The total cost of shipping is based on the overall order weight.
Tips to know:
- If you want expedited shipping or express shipping of your order, you must supply a complete street address where you want the item(s) delivered.
- Oversized products require more shipping and handling time because its delivery system is usually made through a freight trucking company.
- When buying crib bedding, look for items that are soft and washable, such as knit cotton sheets, flannel crib sheets, and other higher thread-count woven fabrics.
- Since babies make too many messes, choose a fabric that can be easily washed.
- Buy at least one or two extra sets of crib sheets to have a ready replacement in case the baby messes.
- Put a plastic mattress cover under the crib sheet to keep the mattress dry and to allow you convenience in changing the bedding.
- Make sure that the crib bedding fits snugly with the crib mattress for your baby’s safety.
How can I save money?
- At most retailers online, you may get free shipping if you reach a minimum purchase order.
- Keep your eyes open for stores that offer discounts and special promotional rates. Either consider joining their email list to keep updated or search for coupon codes before making your purchase.
- Keep the crib bedding in good condition so you will be able to use them again when you have another baby.
- Consider looking at local resale shops to see if you can purchase any second hand sets of sheets at a lower rate.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.