How Much Does a K Cup Cost?
A K Cup is a small cup containing an individual portion pack of a pre-measured amount of fine coffee, tea, or chocolate. This cup has a filter inside. When it is loaded into the Keurig coffee maker, the foil covering on top of the cup is pierced with a small hole, allowing the hot water to seep in. Simultaneously, another hole is punctured in the bottom of the cup to let the brewed beverage flow out into your cup to provide you with that beverage.
How much does it cost?
- K Cups cannot be purchased individually, but rather, they will have to be purchased by the box. The typical box will contain up to 24 K Cups. However, when you price the K Cup by itself, plan on spending anywhere from $0.30 to as much as $0.80 per K cup. Boxes, on the other hand, are going to be around $10 to $30 each.
- For example, the highly popular Donut Shop K-cup pack of 50 on Amazon retails for $30, while the 35-count variety pack retails for $30.
- Starbucksstore.com sells its K Cup packs for $19.95 per 24.
What is going to be included?
- The typical K cup box contains 24 K Cups, unless otherwise indicated. These boxes may be a mixture of flavors, or they can contain 24 cups of the same flavor.
- Popular brands and flavors include Starbucks coffee, Gloria Jean’s, Green Mountain, Donut Shop, Van Houtte, Newman’s Own and Dunkin Donuts. There are more than 250 different kinds of beverages that come in K Cup pods.
- Aside from coffee, other flavors can include iced tea, hot chocolate, hot tea, apple cider and cappuccino.
- K Cups are used in the single serve Keurig coffee brewer.
- There is no need to measure your beverage and no mess to clean up the Keurig machine after each use.
- Because of the popularity of the Keurig and its K cup design, the most popular brands have incorporated K cups into their product line. For example, even Dunkin Donuts has a K cup line.
What are the extra costs?
- If you do not have one yet, and unless you prefer to have your coffee or other beverage from a coffee shop instead of preparing it at home, you will have to purchase a Keurig coffee machine. SEE: “How much does a Keurig coffee maker cost?“
- Expect to pay more for the expensive brands.
- If you order online, you may have to pay extra if your order does not reach the minimum order requirement.
- Rather than having a messy kitchen or having to use cupboard space to store all the K-cups, there are many holders that can be used for the K cups you buy. Some of these holders incorporate a place for the Keurig itself. Others can be designed with drawers or they can resemble a spice rack.
Factors that influence the price:
- The prices of K Cup coffee depends on its brand and on the store from which you purchase it. Some vendors tend to charge more than others do.
- Some K Cup flavors are costlier than others. For instance, there are some high-quality types of teas that will be higher in price than the average cup of coffee.
Tips to know:
- Single serve coffee makers are the newest trend in the market now, and the most popular way to brew coffee.
- Since there are several variations, you can buy K Cup coffee in caffeinated or non-caffeinated versions.
- A K Cup is made up of three basic elements, namely the cup, a filter, and aluminum foil top.
- A Keurig coffee machine is helpful, especially when you entertain a number of people at home because you can readily prepare coffee in seconds without messing your kitchen at all. Each guest can also pick his own type of coffee rather than only having one choice.
How can I save money?
- Try to take advantage of free shipping of your K Cup orders if you purchase more than the minimum order requirement.
- Purchase in bulk to save the most. Most wholesalers such as Costco and Sam’s Club have larger boxes for a cheaper rate.
- Shop around on the web. Most retailers offer coupons and promotions from time to time.
- Make your own K Cups at home to save money. The My K-Cup allows you to create your own blend and save hundreds of dollars over the year.
- If you plan on purchasing K Cups monthly, consider services such as Amazon’s Subscribe and Save, which can help you save up to 15% on your purchases.
- Avoid the brands and consider the no-name brands to save even more money.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.