How Much Does a Lollipop Cost?
Lollipops, more commonly known as suckers, have always been considered as one of the most favorite candy choices for kids. Although these lollipops are geared toward children, they can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
How much does it cost?
- On average, lollipops will cost anywhere from $0.25 for a simple lollipop to as much as $1.50 for a specialty pop found at a local bakery.
- According to the website Business.com, the price of the unusual flavored lollipops would be around $7 to $15 for a box or set of 50 pops.
- For the specially wrapped lollipops for a specific occasion, you would expect the price to increase to as high as $60 to $70 for a box of 50.
- There are also different shapes of the lollipops that are available, and the conventional flat shaped types would be around $35 to $45 for a large box.
- Fundraising.com states that their products come in high volume orders, and their prices here are around $144 for a case of 576 pops. On an average, you get to buy a single pop for as low as $0.25 cents each.
What is going to be included?
- When you buy a lollipop, you get this confectionery substance that is hardened to the touch. It comes with the stick mount that supports the lollipop on the top. The term for this candy has included the words sucker, lolly, and other names.
- There are plenty of flavors and shapes for the lollipop, and the inspiration of the flavors is usually based on fruits. However, some brands offer distinct flavors that are typically focused on the location where it is being sold.
- Lollipops can come in all different shapes, size, and flavors. They can also come with fillings such as the Blow Pop which contains gum in the middle, or the Tootsie Pop which contains a tootsie roll in the middle.
- The stick that is used to hold the lollipop can either be made of tightly wrapped paper or plastic. Most people like the plastic ones better since the paper ones can become soggy.
What are the extra costs?
- If you purchase lollipops online, you will most likely be charged for shipping fees. If you purchase enough to meet the minimum order requirements, you can possibly be offered free shipping.
- Special wrapping would also be an added cost. If you want to specially order a set of pops for a particular occasion, you may want to look into the expenses that you need to spend in order to get the wrapper that you want.
- Lollipops can be customized for a specific occasion. For instance, a bride and groom could have suckers made with wrappers that are designed for their wedding, or can even have the actual sucker personalized as a gift for each guest.
Factors that influence the price:
- The flavor of the pops would be a major aspect that might raise the price of the lollipops.
- The shape and size of the required lollipop would also be an element that may increase the basic price.
- For that matter, the wrapper would also be an aspect that will affect the pricing.
- The number of suckers that come in the package will affect the cost. Generally, the more you purchase at a time, the cheaper they will be per lollipop.
Tips to know:
- Lollipops also offer some medicinal uses such as those as being a good way to decrease your appetite because of the sweetness that it offers. There are those who say that eating a lollipop slowly can satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you occupied so that you do not eat other foods that are worse for you. Suckers are a great idea for those who are trying to lose weight but really need something small and sweet after a meal.
- Lollipops are great for fund raisers for your organization. If you purchase a bulk size box from a store such as Costco, you are allowed to resell them. If you purchase a box of 100 suckers for $30 and then sell each one for $.75, you could end up making $45 for your organization.
How can I save money?
- The best way to save money on the expected costs of the lollipop candy is to buy them in bulk. Plus, it is best to choose a brand that is already wrapped in the packaging that you want. To order a set from scratch is more expensive, and you need to adjust your preferences to get a lower price.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.