How Much Does a Mirror TV Cost?
A mirror TV allows your LED or LCD television to be hidden behind a mirror. Oftentimes, a tv can make a room look cluttered or messy and can take away from home decor. With the mirror tv, however, the screen will look like a mirror when the tv is off. It is carefully polarized to allow the image to transfer through the mirror and is an excellent option when integrated into into a room. Rather than a blank tv screen being the focal point of your room, it will be a large mirror.
How much is it?
- There are different companies that offer their services to install a mirror TV in your house and each offers the service at various price. The size of the television that will be installed is also a factor for the price difference for this type of installation. Finally, the brand name of the TV and the location in the house where the mirror TV will be installed is considered for pricing. On average, plan on spending anywhere from $2,800 to as much as $13,000 for a mirrored television.
- For example, HiddenTelevision.com is an online retailer that specializes in mirror televisions. They usually offer the service in a package. They can provide the TV and the installation and they have many TV models available. For instance, they offer a Samsung 3D TV for $3,300 to $10,000 depending on the size including installation.
- MaxtronMirrorTVs.com is another online retailer that offers mirror TVs and installation. They have different sized mirror TVs priced available for anywhere from $2,900 to $11,800 depending on the model and size of the TV.
What is going to be included?
- The company that will perform the installation of the mirror TV will have several frames that they can offer. You can choose from a wide variety of frames that will suit the look of your interior.
- Usually the mirror TV is offered as a package. If you do not have the TV yet, you are given the option to purchase the television from the installers themselves. The cost of the installation of the mirror TV and the TV itself is combined in one neat package.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional items that you may want to add to the installation are considered as an added cost for the mirror TV. Some of the accessories that you can purchase are wall mounts for standard LCD TV or tilting wall mounts, which can cost $150 to $200.
- Most manufacturers will only offer a limited warranty. If you want to extend your warranty, they can be purchased to cover any damages in the future. 2 year warranties can often start at $200 and go up from there depending on the length of the warranty. Consider companies such as SquareTrade.com to purchase extended warranties.
- If the TV offers 3D capabilities, 3D glasses will be required in order to view the television in 3D. Glasses can start at $75 per pair and go up from there.
How can I save money?
- If you do not have a TV yet and the company offers you a package, check how much the price of the TV model they are offering and compare it to other stores in your area and stores online. It may be cheaper to only get the installation from them rather than the whole package or the other way around.
- Identify the right sized TV for the room in which you will install it. Remember that the larger the television is, the more expensive it can get. Because mirror TVs are not actually necessary, consider purchasing a normal TV with a TV stand or mount and installing it yourself.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.