How Much Does a Toaster Cost?
A toaster can be used to toast bread, bagels, muffins, and some models can even fry an egg. It is a small and convenient appliance for any kitchen.
How much is the typical toaster price?
- A basic household toaster will cost $10 to $60. These toasters are great for the everyday needs. For example, the Black & Decker TR1256B costs $20 and the Kitchen-Aid KMT211OB will cost $50. Some toasters, such as the Back to Basics TEM500, have the ability to poach eggs as well as toast bread, can this model can retail for $70 or so.
- Toasters made from stainless steel are going to cost more than the traditional toaster made from a durable plastic. A true stainless steel toaster can cost anywhere from $45 to as much as $150.
- A larger toaster that has wider slots designed for toasting a bagel can cost $15 to $115. The difference with these is that the slots on the top are wide enough to fit a bagel. While toast can still be used in this type of toaster, it’s ideal for those who prefer to toast bagels.
- A four slice toaster, which can toast four slices instead of the typical two, can cost $25 to $75. Higher-end models can also have a side attachment that can cook food such as eggs.
- A more complex toaster or a commercial toaster can cost $100-$350. Most of these toasters have a longer slot for toasting different types of bread. The slots may also be wider. The KitchenAid 4-slice toaster, for example, has the capabilities of toasting, reheating, and defrosting; this model will cost $100.
What is going to be included?
- All toasters will have at least two slots wide enough for the average slice of bread.
- All toasters will have a few settings for toast that is lighter or darker.
- More expensive toasters may include accessories such as a sandwich cage or defrosting tray.
- Higher end toasters may have a side attachment that can toast other food items such as eggs. Toasters that are designed for bagels will be wide enough to adequately fit a bagel.
Top brands to consider:
Factors that affect the price:
- Size. The bigger your toaster is, the more expensive it could be. After all, bigger toasters can have four slice slots in them and could let you do ample of toasting.
- Material. As mentioned, stainless steel toasters are more expensive than those made of plastic as the former are more durable and could last for the years to come.
- Features. High-end toasters with complex features are expected to be expensive and could be as high as $350. However, they are worth the money as functionality and durability are undoubted.
Highest rated toasters
Tips to know:
- It’s best to have enough spots to fit your needs. For example, if you have four people in your family, it’s best to purchase a four slice toaster.
- If you do a lot of cooking with items such as bagels, consider getting a toaster designed for this. These models are going to have wider slots.
How can I save money?
- Compared to ones made of durable plastic, stainless steel toasters tend to be more durable. Most stainless steel toaster can cost anywhere from $45 to as much as $150.