How Much Does an Enema Cost?
An enemais a method used to flush out any fluid waste located in the colon. During this procedure, the enema will clear up any fluids and will help induce bowel movements, leaving you feeling better and even lighter.
How much does it cost?
- Enemabag.com is a website dedicated to selling enema and giving out necessary information for its usage. The said site sells enema kits in different prices, depending on the quality and features included. The price can greatly vary anywhere from $8.50 to as much as $225 per kit.
- If you want to buy just the enema bags from the comfort of your own home, you can place an order in some online stores. For example, Cleansingfyi.com gives the price of $20 to $80 for a single enema bag. This price varies depending on the lifespan of the bags.
- According to the human-guided search engine Chacha.com, one can purchase ready to use enemas for around $0.99 to $2.49, depending on the brand. Reusable enema bags can also be bought at around $8.00 while the disposable ones can be bought for as low as $2.00.
- If you opt to buy only the kit itself, you can get it at around $22 as a starting price. This price can go as high as $80, depending on the inclusions and brand as well. For example, the Mabis Dmi Healthcare Combination Douche and Enemasystem retails for $9 to $15 per kit.
What is going to be included?
- One can buy an entire enema kit or individual items in different retails store and drugstores all over the country. Finding one would not be difficult since they are common items. You can also buy them from some reputable online stores.
- Aside from the usual inclusions in an enema kit, additional items can also be found by just adding some cash to your purchase. Apart from the enema bag, hose and rectum nozzle, an enema kit includes an enema bulb or bucket that is used in place of the bag, a lubricant, a hook separate from the enema bag, and a solution mixture. These are considered additional items for some brands but others include them in their most basic kit.
- With any enema you purchase, there will be instructions so that you know how to use it properly. You should follow these instructions exactly so that you do not cause yourself more problems.
Factors that influence the price:
- Brand name. It is known that the prices of enema from different brands vary. However, the prices are almost in the same basic price range.
- Quality of the product. The enema bags differ in price depending on their capacity, the materials used and its durability. The higher the quality of the bag and the kits, the more you are likely going pay for it.
- Other items and accessories. The additional accessories and items also help to determine the price you will have to pay for the enema kit.
Tips to know:
- It is advised for you to use the basic and inexpensive enema items if you are looking for a temporary means of addressing constipation or some other colon cleansing problems. However, if you are looking for a something that will give you a permanent solution, you may need to consider other options. An enema will give you temporary relief, but figuring out the root of the problem, such as why you are constipated for example, will lead to a more permanent solution.
- If you find yourself needing an enema on a regular basis, consult your doctor to see if there is something else you should be doing.
- Experts suggest that pre-filled enemas are the most convenient and easy to use enemas.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by buying disposable enemas in some retail stores or pharmacies. If you want to temporarily address a health issue, a disposable item might be the most cost efficient option for you.
- You can also do it on your own. Making your own enema is relatively easy. You can have a plastic bottle with a tapered tip and use clean and slightly warm water or a medicinal solution. Instructables.com has a how-to guide.
- Because enema are so common, the off brand types are made just as well as the name brands. Opt for the store’s brand to save money. If you compare the list of active ingredients and quantities of ingredients, chances are they will be the same for name brands and off brands.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.