How Much Does Biofreeze Cost?
Biofreeze is an over-the-counter (OTC) topical analgesic pain relieving gel that is used to offer temporary relief from minor pains and aches of sore muscles and joints linked to arthritis, simple backache, bruises, sprains and strains. This pain reliever offers several different products which are all designed to offer pain relief right at the source of pain.
Biofreeze produces the same cold sensation that accompanies icing. The application of cold to relieve pain temporarily, known as cryotherapy or cold therapy and icing, is the most common form of cryotherapy.
How much is it?
- The cost of Biofreeze depends on the type and size of Biofreeze you want. The pricing ranges from below $10 to over $20 for three to five-ounce bottles. 16-ounce pumps can cost close to $25 to $35.
- For example, on Amazon.com, a pack of three three-ounce bottles retail for $25.
What is going to be included?
- Biofreeze is the number one used and recommended topical pain reliever by massage therapists, physical therapists, chiropractors, and podiatrists.
- The active ingredient in this pain reliever is menthol. Biofreeze products are typically classified as topical analgesics. These work through a mechanism known as a counter irritant. This means that the active ingredient in Biofreeze (menthol) creates a sensation which gets to override pain signals to the brain. This type of process is called Gate Control Theory, where nerve impulses from one stimulus get to block the nerves that contain pain signals to the brain. In addition, recent research suggests that the active ingredient may stimulate cold receptors within the skin which may help regulate pain as well.
- Biofreeze can be used up to four times each day.
- Biofreeze is available as a roll on, as well as a number of different creams, sprays and gels so you could select and choose how you would want to obtain your pain relief.
What are the extra costs?
- Consider the cost of shipping and handling in case you order for biofreeze products online.
Tips to know:
- Biofreeze conducts all FDA required studies such as drug stability, skin sensitization, and process validation testing. In addition, they conduct an additional battery of tests within their laboratory. Lastly, they conduct studies with clinicians to further understand their products. You can find these studies at thera-bandacademy.com. According to the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulations regarding topical analgesics, it is labeled.
- All ingredients, product warnings and directions for use are listed on the label. Remember that Biofreeze is a topical pain-reliever and not a cure to the underlying condition; it offers temporary pain relief.
- In case you have any questions with regards to the product or its use, you can consult your healthcare professional. You should consult a doctor if the condition worsens or symptoms persist for over seven days.
- The shelf life of this product is typically two years and the date of expiration can be located on the packaging.
How can I save money?
- Free Biofreeze gel sample packets are available via healthcare practitioners in the US, including a brochure regarding the product and a 3-mL trial packet. To obtain a free sample, locate the sample provider nearest to you.
- Many people point out that even though Biofreeze is sold by doctors it is a lot cheaper to obtain it online at places such as Amazon because you will be cutting out the middle man. Also know that this is doctor recommended.
- If you are thinking about buying in large quantities such as a 1-gallon pump-bottle of biofreeze gel, you will reduce your cost.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.