How Much Does Bisquick Cost?
Bisquick is a premixed baking product that is sold by General Mills under the Betty Crocker brand. It consists of regular flour, salt, baking powder (a leavening agent) and shortening.
How much is it?
- On average, a 16-ounce box of Bisquick will cost you about $4 to $5. The costs will depend on the size of the box and retailer where you purchase it from.
- Amazon.com, for instance, sells a variety of boxes that retail for $4 for a single Gluten Free box to as much as $19 for a 96-ounce box.
What is going to be included?
- Bisquick is a baking mix made by General Mills and does contain general flour. Bisquick Gluten Free doesn’t contain flour containing gluten. Original Bisquick baking premixes uses regular wheat flour, while Bisquick Gluten Free contains just rice flour.
- The ingredients in Bisquick Original premix consists of bleached wheat flour (which is enriched with iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, niacin, and folic acid), partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oil, leavening (sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, baking soda), dextrose and salt.
- Bisquick Original contains 4.5-grams of transfat per cup and no cholesterol. Bisquick HeartSmart contains 0 grams of transfat per cup (and no cholesterol).
- A 20-ounce box, which makes around 14 servings; every serving contains 160 calories with 4.5 grams fat, 26 g of carbohydrates, 3 grams of protein and 410 milligrams of sodium. Each pancake takes about two ounces of the mix to make. So, on average, there are about 20 pancakes in each box. One cup of Bisquick baking mix can be substituted with a mixture of one cup of flour, a teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of baking powder, and 2-1/2 tablespoons of melted butter or oil (or, better, by cutting in 2-1/2 tbsp lard or Crisco).
- Bisquick can come in the following quantities: 5, 7, 10, 16,28, 80 and 96 ounces. Bisquick will either come in a plastic container or box.
What are the extra costs?
- It is important to consider the cost of shipping and delivery for orders of Bisquick baking mix placed online.
- While optional, additional toppings for your pancakes should be factored in.
Tips to know
- There are certain recipes that individuals who have gluten allergies or intolerance must modify when using the Bisquick Gluten-Free baking mix. The premix contains rice flour as opposed to wheat flour, so the other ingredients in nearly all gluten free recipes perform in very diverse ways when baked. One gluten free option is a recipe for baked-chicken with a crusty coating that is great for individuals who crave fried chicken but can’t have the normal fried breading type. Some recipes include coffee cake, strawberry shortcake, chicken dumplings, cheese balls as well as even a gluten free cheeseburger pie. Other examples include waffles, biscuits and pancakes. Allowing the oven to pre-heat and never sifting the baking premix are both ways to enhance the quality of baking using Bisquick Gluten Free.
How can I save money?
- Look for special coupons or sales at your local grocery store.
- Buying in bulk at local wholesale clubs can save you more.
- Making your own pancakes from scratch can often be cheaper.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.