How Much Does Cherry Wood Cost?
The wood from a cherry tree is often used to make cabinets and other furniture. It can also be used for wall paneling as well as flooring. Most stores that sell lumber carry cherry wood because of its high demand.
How much is it?
- On average, cherry lumber can be priced anywhere from $7 to $15 per board foot. Packs of cherry wood boards that can cover 10 to 100 board feet can cost anywhere from $115 to $775. The costs will depend on the quality, the amount being purchased and store selling it.
- For flooring, floors that contain some sort of cherry based wood is going to range anywhere from $7 to as much as $22 per square foot depending on the quality and store selling it.
- LumberLiquidators.com is a popular online retailer that sells many different types of flooring. For example, they have a Brazilian cherry wood which is specifically manufactured to be used for floors. They sell it in boxes that contain enough wood to cover up to 23.33 square feet. The price of the cherry wood sold by this site ranges from $7 to $9 per square foot.
- Armstrong, which is a popular brand of flooring, also provides cherry hardwood flooring; they can provide the estimated cost of the project depending on the size of the room in which it will be used. Using a hardwood cherry copper kettle can cost anywhere from $5000 to $9900. This is for a room that measures 25 x 25 feet.
- IrionLumber.com sells cherry wood that is processed. The lumber that they sell varies in size and range from 4/4 to 16/4. The prices for the cherry wood sold through this site range from $5 to $12. They also offer lumber that is longer than 24 inches; this will cost more per square foot.
What is going to be included?
- Most companies that sell the cherry wood will provide free shipping if the minimum purchase of the product is met.
- Cherry wood can be purchased in different forms since it is normally processed and ready to be installed in a home.
- If purchased solely as lumber, lumber yards will already have it cut down in different sizes.
What are the extra costs?
- If you will be installing the cherry wood in any part of your house, you may need the help of professional installers. This can be quite expensive depending on the job you need done.
- Any project that uses cherry wood is probably going to need additional materials. No materials will be included with the purchase of cherry wood.
How can I save money?
- For cherry wood installation, get a contractor that can offer the service at a low cost. If you have the skill and know how to install it yourself, it would be best to perform the installation this way rather than hiring a contractor. Use websites such as Service Magic to find the best contractor quotes in your local area.