How Much Does Cinnamon Cost?
Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the inner bark of different cinnamon trees that are mostly grown in Southeast Asia. Cinnamon was discovered many years ago when people were first exploring the planet looking for food and spice. Cinnamon is very flavorful and is often used as a condiment to add flavor to different dishes. It is very popular as a dessert ingredient and is often mixed with chocolate.
How much is it?
- Cinnamon can be purchased from groceries stores and other stores that sell spices and herbs. It it most commonly purchased in powder form, but you can also purchase cinnamon bark as well. The price of the ingredient can change depending on the form of cinnamon that you purchase. The price would also depend on the location where you will purchase the cinnamon as well as the time of year. On average, cinnamon can cost $1-$10 per four to eight ounce container.
- One type of cinnamon is a cinnamon bark which can be purchased in 4 oz bottle that can cost $2 to $4. A real and pure cinnamon powder in a 8 oz bottle can cost anywhere from $2 to $5.
- For example, the highly rated Frontier Ground Cinnamon that is organic retails for $10 for two 16 ounce packages.
- SpicesforLess.com is an online store that sells cinnamon. The store also sells cinnamon bark and cinnamon powder. Cinnamon bark is stored in 1 to 9 oz bottles and can be purchased from $2 to $10, while cinnamon powder can be purchased anywhere from $1 to $11 depending on the amount of cinnamon in the container.
What is going to be included?
- You can use cinnamon as a flavoring ingredient since it has a sweet, spicy flavor that can enhance the taste of different fruits and vegetables. You can use it to add flavor to different drinks, desserts, sauces, and syrups.
- You can also use cinnamon to add flavoring to meats, especially with chicken or lamb, and soups. Cinnamon is perfect with sugar and is usually added to pastries and cakes.
What are the extra costs?
- Cinnamon is a stand-alone ingredient that can be added to different dishes. If you purchase the cinnamon from an online store, the only added cost would be the shipping and handling fee.
- Since you will be adding it to other food items, the added ingredients would also be considered as added cost. Other than these, there are no additional costs involved when buying cinnamon.
Tips to know:
- Cinnamon is a very versatile food ingredient. Although it is perfect with dessert items, it can also be used with chicken and different meats.
- Cinnamon bark can also be used as flavoring for milk which you can use to dip bread for making French toast. The powder can be dissolved with other ingredients and it can be used as topping for cake and other pastries.
How can I save money?
- Cinnamon has long shelf life and can be stored in your pantry for a long time. You can put it in air tight containers to prevent spoilage since this can lead to wasting money. Buying cinnamon in a larger container will make it cheaper per ounce.
- You can purchase cinnamon from different stores and it is priced differently. Check online and compare prices as there are some websites that offer this spice. This competitive market can make purchasing this product very convenient for you.
- Consider checking your local dollar store to see if you can find spices here.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.