How Much Does Coconut Oil Cost?
Coconut oil is extracted from the fully-developed coconut meat, known as the kernal. Coconut oil is considered edible and has been the basic source of fat in many tropical areas. In addition to being used for human consumption, coconut oil can also be useful in the medical field. However, it is most often viewed as a cooking agent.
How much does it cost?
- Based on the price listed on VitaminShoppe.com, the average cost of a 15-ounce coconut oil is anywhere from $7 to $12.
- For instance , a 54 oounce bottle of virgin coconut oil costs $20.99.
- To play it safe, plan on your average coconut oil purchase being a little under $0.80 to $1 per ounce. If you decide to make the purchase online, do not forget to factor in the shipping fees.
- For larger purchases, coconut oil can cost anywhere from $20 to $45 per gallon.
- Oil that is used for beauty, such as the hair and skin, can cost $0.50 to $1.50 per ounce. For example, the product called Parachute 100% Coconut Oil that comes in a 5 ml bottle retails for $6.
What is going to be included?
- If you are going to buy coconut oil online, there are shops on the web that offer free delivery while others may charge a delivery fee. It will really come down to the store from which you purchase the product.
- Aside from the delivery, another part of the coconut oil which is included when you buy some is the container or the case itself. Most coconut oil is placed in a plastic or glass container which is suitable for long-term storage.
- Coconut oil is commonly used in popcorn. If you have ever wondered why theater popcorn tastes better than at home, it can be attributed to this product.
- No matter what form of coconut oil you purchase, the package will come with instructions for use. Follow these instructions carefully since each form is formulated for a specific use. For example, the oil that is used as in cosmetics should not be used in the kitchen.
What are the extra costs?
- Depending on how the coconut oil comes packaged, you may need to purchase a durable container in which you can store the oil. This will make it last longer and will ensure that it does not go to waste.
- If the site from which you order the oil does not include shipping, you will be charged for it. Since coconut oil usually comes in smaller packages that will not be as heavy, the shipping charges should not be any more than $10.
Factors that influence the price:
- The main factor that can cause the prices of a coconut oil to vary is the way that it is processed. The two main types are refined and unrefined coconut oil. Each one will cost differently, and the one you choose will depend on your purpose for the coconut oil.
- Most of the time, the coconut oil available on the market is the refined coconut oil. On the other hand, the popular “virgin” coconut oil is the unrefined one, which can cost up to 30% more.
Tips to know:
- In the field of medicine, coconut oil has a great number of uses. It is known to help control diabetes, heart disease, chronic fatigue, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, alzheimers, and different thyroid conditions. In addition, it can be used to boost energy, boost the immune system, and even help people lose weight.
- In some countries, coconut oil is used in the making of biofuels. This is done in order for the small Pacific islands to avoid the cost of importing oil. This is much like the original diesel fuel, which was made with peanut oil.
- The use of coconut oil in cosmetics is not limited to moisturizing the skin. It can also be used to remove make-up, fighting blemishes, and conditioning hair. It also helps to promote hair growth, strengthens the hair, and prevent dry scalp.
How can I save money?
- Consumer advisers suggest that in order to save a great amount of money, you should buy coconut oil in bulk. This is economical since oil is known for its stability and can be kept in storage for more than 6 months.
- You can also save money by ordering coconut oil with your friends or neighbors. This way, you can divide the delivery charge amongst yourselves, keeping its fee at a minimum amount.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.