How Much Does Daiya Cheese Cost?
Daiya originated in Canada, but this soy-free, non-dairy cheese substitute has worked its way into the U.S. market. With its remarkable melting quality, good taste, and pleasing texture, Daiya is a cheese alternative vegans often purchase.
How much is it?
- Common packages that are found in the local grocery store are going to cost anywhere from $5 to $9 per eight-ounce package. If purchased in bulk, the prices can go higher depending on the quantity purchased.
- The cost will depend on the size you purchase and where you purchase it. For example, the half-pound eight-ounce packages are about $5 to $7 each, while the 5-pound bulk bags can cost about $40 to $45 each. These are the only two size options the company offers.
What is going to be included?
- Daiya cheese is a finely shredded vegan cheese that stretches unlike similar vegan cheeses. It’s free of soy, nuts, gluten and can be used with any recipe that calls for cheese.
- The brand offers two flavors: mozzarella and cheddar. Some ingredients will include filtered waters, non-GMO expeller pressed canola oil, tapioca flour, pea protein, salt, coconut oil, inactive yeast, citric acid, titanium dioxide and xanthan gum. All ingredients may be found here. It has 90 calories per serving and 0 trans fat and cholesterol.
- If purchase online, cold shipping bags or boxes are needed to keep the product from getting spoiled. Unless otherwise stated, this packaging should be included.
- It can be purchased at some grocery store chains, such as Whole Foods, in the vegan refrigerated section. It may also be available at local natural food chains.
Tips to know
- The smaller eight-ounce bags will have two cups worth of cheese.
- For vegans, the cheese has pretty good reviews. While it won’t have the cheese consistency, it’s a great alternative for those who are either looking for a soy-free product or are looking for a much healthier alternative. Those against often say it’s either too “doughy” or it has a taste they don’t like.
How can I save money?
- If you like it, purchase in bulk. Five-pound bags, for example, can cost $10, and when compared to smaller eight-ounce packages, you can save up to $10.
- Since this is a relatively known brand that can be found in local grocery stores, consider looking for coupons or deals on their Facebook page of official website.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.