How Much Does Fish Oil Cost?
Fish oil is one of the many byproducts that we obtained from fish. Fish is not only rich in iodine, but it also carries omega 3 fatty acids. For this reason, fish oil has been derived and is used as medicine to prevent several diseases such as cardiovascular diseases and mental illness. There have even been reports published that state that the nutrients found in fish oil can have possible anti-cancer effects.
How much is it?
- Fish oil can be derived from different types of fish. If you are going to buy unprocessed fish oil, then the type of fish from which you derive the fish oil is a basis for the price of the product. Fish oil is also shelled in soft gels to be taken in the same way as a vitamin or supplements. They are also priced differently compared to buying freshly extracted fish oil.
- On average, a bottle of fish oil can range anywhere from $10 to as much as $35 per bottle depending upon the brand. The average bottle of fish oil can contain anywhere from 250 to 500 capsules.
- The highly rated Kirkland Signature Natural Fish Oils with 400 Softgels retails for $11 to $20 per bottle. The Nature Made Fish Oil Omega-3 retails for $17 to $25 per bottle.
- For example, the website BrainFoodWorks.com compares about 16 different brands of fish oil capsules. Based on the comparison chart, the contents of each can vary; some brands have up to 270 capsules in the bottle. The price range for the fish oil varies and can range from $19 to $100.
What is going to be included?
- Fish oil is rich in Omega-3, and each capsule or soft gel of fish oil that you take contains a sufficient amount of Omega-3 for a day.
- There are several varieties of fish oil available and each of them can contain different number of capsules per bottle.
- Fish oil is stored in bottles that are tightly sealed which can be resealed once opened. The fish sources from which the fish oil is obtained can also vary since some farm fish to obtain the oil while others rely on the deep ocean for the fish that they use. This is considered to be a more reliable source since fish do not actually produce omega 3. Rather, they get it by eating micro-algae or prey fish.
Tips to know:
- Fish oil is a great supplement as there have been studies regarding the beneficial effects of the oil to our body. You should not depend on fish oil alone when taking your health into consideration since proper health care should still be observed.
- Since fish oil is sold in bottles that can contain hundreds of capsules, make sure that you check the expiration date of the product since you may have to keep in your shelf for a long time.
How can I save money?
- To save money, you can buy a bottle full of fish oil capsules since they have long shelf life and they can last for a long time. The more capsules you buy at a time, the cheaper it will be per capsule.
- Look for stores that offer fish oil at a discounted price. There are several online stores that sell fish oil, and some of them can sell it at discounted rates. Consider major wholesalers such as Costco that sell the capsules in bulk while offering a steep discount.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.