How Much Does Kool Aid Cost?
Kool Aid is a drink that is mixed with a combination of sweeteners, fruit flavoring, and water. Kool Aid is loved by kids of all ages and is even still enjoyed by many adults. Kool Aid is even considered to be the official soft drink in Nebraska.
Kool Aid is manufactured by Kraft Foods and has become a drink sensation over the years. The invention of Kool Aid was actually the result of an experiment that did not go as planned. A man named Edwin Perkins was experimenting with fruit snacks and decided to take out the liquid from the fruit snack so he could reduce the shipping costs. When he did so, it was found that this juice, when mixed with water, formed an excellent drink.
How much does it cost?
- On average, you should not have to spend any more than $0.05 to $0.15 per packet.
- For a 19-ounce powder container, the costs can be anywhere from $3 to $6.
- Kool Aid Bursts, a pack of six bottles filled with Kool Aid, can retail for $2 to $4.
- For instance, on Amazon, there is a Kool Aid Variety Pack for sale that costs $16 to $20. Another product, such as the Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade Kool-Aid, an unsweetened soft drink that comes in a pack of 96, is sold for about $28.
What is going to be included?
- The Kool Aid variety pack contains different flavors in 48 packets.
- Typical packages contain flavors like tropical punch, orange, lemonade, cherry and grape.
- Kool Aid is not just your ordinary artificially flavored drink. It is caffeine-free and rich in vitamin C.
- The packages of Kool Aid will list directions of how much water and sugar to use when mixing the Kool Aid.
Factors that influence the price:
- Shipping. Shopping online for Kool aid may vary depending on the shipping fee. For a product that is already this cheap, purchasing online will not really be worth it.
- Location. Although there is a standard retail price, Kool Aid sold at convenience stores are much more expensive compared to the ones in the grocery store.
- Size. Kool Aid packets come in different sizes. The small envelopes of Kool Aid are meant to make a pitcher of the drink. This pitcher will measure one gallon of Kool Aid. A canister of Kool Aid will be able to make multiple gallons. There will be a measuring spoon included, so making the Kool Aid will be simple. Finally, there are individual paclets of Kool Aid that can be put in a 16 pounce bottle of water and then shaken. This is slightly more expensive per serving, but may be worth the extra cost considering the convenience.
Tips to know:
- Try different flavors. There are so many flavors from which you can choose. You might just end up with a favorite.
- Serve Kool-Aid at your party. There are many different ways that you can make punch using Kool Aid, and nobody would ever guess that it was that simple.
- Try the Kool-Aid Bursts. It is the kind of Kool-Aid you do not see in a powder form. It is a soft drink in a bottle. The soft drink comes in a 6.75 ounce container. You could try tropical punch, berry blue, burst lime, grape and cherry. The great thing about these is that you do not have to mix the packets.
- Create a summer cooler made out of Kool-Aid. The color is quite pleasing to the eye. But wait until you taste the Super Summer Kool-Aid Cooler. Simply put one-third cup of Kool-Aid Sugar-Sweetened Drink Mix in a blender. If you want a fizz, you can add 3 cups of ginger ale. You could also make a milk shake by adding a cup of milk and 2 cups of vanilla ice cream. Mix the add-ins. Put the blender in high speed and blend it well. Serve it immediately. It will surely quench your thirst.
- Another great treat that you can make with Kool Aid is popsicles. Simply purchase at-home popsicle makers and fill them with Kool Aid to freeze.
- Some people do not like giving Kool Aid to their children because it is so high in sugar, but there are a few ways to solve this problem. First, there are Kool Aid packets that require less sugar to reduce the sugar intake. Another idea is to water down the Kool Aid when giving it to kids. This will also save you money since you will have only have to buy half the amount.
How can I save money?
- Watch out for sales. Once in a while, Kraft offers discounts on their Kool-Aid products. It also does not hurt to look for coupons. You can commonly find them on social media outlets or the newspaper.
- Buy in bulk. Rather than buying Kool-Aid in envelopes, you want to buy the canister instead. It is much cheaper; however, you will be sacrificing the choice of flavors.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.