How Much Does Pizza Sauce Cost?
Pizza sauce is basically a tomato sauce that can be seasoned with various spices such as oregano and basil. This sauce is usually thicker than a tomato sauce and is spread thin on a pizza crust to give the pizza its flavor.
How much is it?
- The cost of pizza sauce will depend on the brand, quantity and where it’s purchased from. On average, plan on spending anywhere from $1 to $15 per 15-ounce can. Your lower-end pizza sauces found at local grocery stores will be near the $1 to $5 end, while upscale pizzerias that sell their homemade sauces could cost upwards of $15.
- A typical pizza sauce packed in a 12 ounce can cost anywhere from $14 to $15. Other varieties which contain 15 cans of 12 ounces of pizza sauce can cost $25 to $33.
What is going to be included?
- The basic pizza sauce is known as marinara sauce, the ingredients of which include tomatoes and herbs such as parsley and basil. Garlic and onion may also be added for extra flavor. Usually pizza sauce purchased from stores is placed in bottles or plastic containers.
- Pizza sauce can also be used in a variety of Italian dishes such as calzone and even pasta. You just need to make some adjustments on the sauce to suit the flavor of the dish to which you are adding the sauce.
What are the extra costs?
- If you purchase pizza sauce, it can be used readily without making any adjustments. The only thing that you will need to purchase in addition to the sauce is the ingredients that you will use to make the pizza.
- If you are making your own pizza sauce, you will have to purchase each of the ingredients that will be added to the sauce.
Tips to know:
- Pizza sauce is not that hard to make; all you need to have is the basic ingredients and you can actually make some on your own. The good thing about this is that you are ensured of the ingredients that you will use which are guaranteed fresh based on your preference and standards.
How can I save money?
- Pizza sauce, as mentioned earlier, is not hard to make. By making it in your own home, you are guaranteed that the ingredients that will be used are fresh. You will also be able to make big batches of pizza sauce at the fraction of the cost compared to when you buy ready made ones. You can then freeze this sauce for future use.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.