How Much Does Reiki Cost?
Reiki is a type of spiritual practice that was developed by a Japanese Buddhist named Mikao Usui. This practice uses a technique that is commonly called palm healing and is accepted as a form of alternative medicine. There are two different categories of Reiki: Traditional Japanese and Western Reiki. The price for Reiki sessions vary depending on the geographical location, the number of treatments that are required and person/company offering the session.
How much is it?
- On average, the cost of Reiki is going to cost anywhere from $30 to as much as $150 per session. Each session is going to vary in length from 30 to 90 minutes. This is all going to depend on the person performing the job.
- According to the site Reiki.org, the prices ranges between $25 and $100; this mostly depends on the geographical location of the establishment.
- WhisperingWillows.com is a site that shows the price for the a Reiki treatment. This site also estimates that the price for the treatment can be anywhere between $30 and $125.
- Rev. Jeannette M. Pintar is a certified Reiki Master that charges $150 for a one hour session. Discounts are available to those that bring in more than one person for a session.
What are the extra costs?
- If you have the desire to learn the procedure itself, there are a number of establishments that offer training programs. Reiki classes can cost as much as $160 for all three levels of Reiki programs being offered.
- Additional sessions for the procedure may also be needed or required. This can also add to the total cost of the complete procedure. First sessions are going to be the most expensive, and many will bring the price down after the initial session.
- If the master has to travel to the patient’s home, fuel surcharges can apply depending on how far away the location is.
What is going to be included?
- During this session, a certified Reiki Master will be able to offer consultation, do a clearing, help with energy work, complete a cord cutting, as well as do a chakra balancing.
- During this procedure, you will be asked to lay down on a massage table. However, this same treatment can be done standing up. The practitioner will place his hands near the body that include the head, shoulders and neck. Each position will be held for up to 10 minutes.
- The payment that will be made for Reiki will cover all of the procedures needed to be performed per session. The price and coverage per session may be different and this will be provided by the establishments that offer the service.
Tips to know:
- Ask your Reiki Master about his credentials as well learn about his past education. Make sure that your master is certified.
- Ask your master how long he has been practicing. It is wise to consider a master that has been practicing for more than ten years.
- Reiki tends to have a positive effect on all forms of illnesses and negative energy. Minor things such as the flu, colds and even bee stings can benefit from something such as this.
How can I save money?
- Reiki services are fairly expensive although there are several establishments that can offer it at a more attractive price. Try to look around your area where the service is offered and get the service of the one that can offer it at the best price possible.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.