How Much Does a Kroger Wedding Cake Cost?
Kroger wedding cakes are just one of the many options you can choose when it comes to your wedding cake. They have several themes available depending on your personal preferences. When you order your wedding cake, you decide on the date and time that you will want it to be delivered or when you want to pick it up.
How much is it?
- Typically, the price of your wedding cake will depend on the size the number of tiers and the complexity of the design. On average, Kroger wedding cakes cost about $1 to $4 per serving. This means that for a wedding cake that serves 250 guests, your cake will cost from $250 to $1,000.
- A member on WeddingWire.com claimed that Kroger started at $1 per slice for their wedding cakes.
What is going to be included?
- Kroger stores do have multiple designs from which you can choose. There are a variety of options available in terms of the design of the cake. Also, you will select the flavor of your cake and any filling required, the type of icing, as well as how you want it decorated.
What are the extra costs?
- Some options, such as the type of icing or fillings, will attract added cost. You may also choose to have silk or real flowers decorate the cake rather than iced flowers or decorations. In this case, you will need to purchase these flowers separately and give them to the bakers to put on the cake.
- Essentially, the more decorations you add to the wedding cake, the higher the price will be.
- You can choose to have Kroger deliver your cake the day of the wedding instead of worrying about having to pick it up, they are willing to do this. While there, they will also set up the cake, such as putting it on tiers or building the layers.
Tips to know
- Kroger does not do fondant. If you are looking for this specific type of design, you will have to look elsewhere.
- The number of tiers usually does not matter in the pricing of the cake, but rather, it is about the number of servings that can be had from the cake.
- Kroger has a catalog of design options where you can choose one that is suitable for your wedding. Most wedding cakes are priced per serving and so the bigger the wedding party and guest list, the larger the cake you will need.
How can I save money?
- Order a smaller fancy tiered cake and a less costly sheet cake of the same flavor to serve the extra guests. This option is great, particularly, if you want a detailed cake and cannot afford one that is large enough to feed everyone. Consider the luxurious, detailed cake that you have been dreaming of, just get a smaller version of it.
- Also, for the decorations, go with a simple ribbon decoration instead of a detailed floral design.
- Another alternative to staying within your budget is to order a wedding cake with no decorations and then add them yourself. You can also pick buttercream or cream cheese icing wedding cakes instead of fondant designs as they are much more affordable icing choices. Choosing a Kroger wedding cake is already going to be saving quite a bit of money over other bakeries.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.