How Much Does the La Jolla Country Club Cost?
The La Jolla Country Club, which opened in 1927, is a private club facility located in La Jolla, San Diego, California. It features an 18-hole, par 72 golf course that covers 6,713 yards of greens from the longest tees. The course, designed by William P. Bell, has a rating of 72.9 and a slope rating of 133 (on Kikuyu grass). The Club’s golf course has been a venue for play of many prestigious events and famous golfers.
How much is it?
- Membership to the club comes with a cost depending on the class of membership you want to sign up for. The initiation fee for the membership class that is open to all interested individuals is said to be around $160,000. For full details about the Club’s membership types and fees, you will need to contact them directly by calling or emailing.
- According to an LA Times articles written in 1989, the initiation costs for the club at that time was $60,000.
What is going to be included?
- Membership to the club is by invitation only.
- The private club offers amenities that include the 18-hole golf course, driving range, practice facility, clubhouse (one formal and two casual dining facilities), and private banquet rooms.
- Members can also enjoy the different social gatherings and events for the family hosted by the club. The club also offers different programs for men, women, and junior golfers.
What are the extra costs?
- For guests, green fees are the following: $85 Monday through Thursday and $105 on Friday through Sunday, and on holiday.
Tips to know:
- Today, the club has a waiting list of several years.
- Cell phones are permitted on the course.
- The course also follows a strict dress code. Follow the general rules by going to their official rules page.