How Much Does a Lawn Mower Battery Cost?
A lawn mower battery that functions effectively is a necessary component for battery-operated lawn mowers to maintain its efficiency. A bad battery is the most common reason for a defective or disabled lawn mower. While the problem can be remedied by charging the battery, there are cases when a replacement is necessary.
How much does it cost?
- On average, the cost will depend on the type of lawn mower you have and the retailer you purchase it from. The costs will generally run in the $30 to $150 range. Refer to the table below for price ranges and brands.
- At BatteryMart.com, the cost of a John Deere 12 Volt 35 Ah AGM Sealed Lead Acid Rechargeable Battery for a riding lawn mower is $76.95. It comes with a money-back guarantee, a one-year warranty, 100% compatibility, and free shipping.
- At Powerstride Battery, prices of lawn mower battery replacements range from about $22 to around $153. Units come with 1 to 3-year warranties, depending on the model, and include free ground shipping.
|Ariens||$50 to $60|
|Bad Boy||$40 to $55|
|Bolens||$75 to $105|
|Craftsman||$30 to $55|
|Cub Cadet||$30 to $50|
|Dixon||$40 to $55|
|DR Power||$55 to $75|
|Exmark||$40 to $55|
|Graverly||$40 to $55|
|Honda||$35 to $55|
|Husqvarna||$35 to $55|
|Hustler||$35 to $55|
|John Deere||$35 to $50|
|Murray||$40 to $55|
|Neuton||$35 to $45|
|Poulan||$25 to $35|
|Scag||$35 to $50|
|Sears||$40 to $55|
|Simplicity||$35 to $45|
|Snapper||$30 to $75|
|Toro||$35 to $55|
|Troy-Bilt||$35 to $50|
|Yard Machine||$40 to $55|
|Yard Man||$75 to $110|
What is going to be included?
- Lawn mower batteries come in different types, with the most common being the wet cell (flooded) type. Another variety is the maintenance-free sealed lead acid battery, which can use either AGM or gel technology. Nickel-cadmium batteries, which are low-maintenance and are environment-friendly, are also used in lawn mowers today. Rechargeable types are also available for electric lawn mowers. Batteries for lawn mowers typically come with voltage ratings, which measure the amount of current that flows through it at a given time. Riding lawn mowers often use the 12-volt type batteries while other mower types, specifically electric walk-behind mowers, use specialized batteries with higher voltage (up to 36 or 40 volts).
What are the extra costs?
- Lawn mower battery chargers may also be necessary purchases. Battery chargers can cost $24 to around $395, depending on brand, model and specs.
- Unless the unit is eligible for free shipping, the costs to ship a lawn mower battery usually depends on location, quantity, and the type of shipping method. Customers who specify a carrier will usually be charged the appropriate fees.
Tips to know:
- Using a replacement battery for your lawn mower will not void the warranty of your equipment. Manufacturers are required to honor the warranty on a lawn mower battery even if a replacement unit is purchased and not OEM.
- Some online retailers offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on returns provided that the merchandise is returned in its original packaging if unopened, or sent back in as-new condition if it has been opened.
- Suppliers may require buyers to sign a Hazardous Battery Terms and Conditions document before a lawn mower battery delivery can be made.
How can I save money?
- Use price alert features. Sites like Bizrate.com allow shoppers to set a price alert when the price of a potential order drops. The feature is activated by entering an email address.
- Check if the lawn mower battery you wish to purchase is offered for free shipping or free store pickup. Also, many online retailers hold special deals and offers as well as clearance and overstock items at their websites. Be sure to check out such pages to find more ways to obtain savings.
- Instead of paying a shipping fee to have your order shipped to your home, consider store pickup to avoid shipping costs. Many online retailers give shoppers the option to pick up their online order at a physical outlet at no additional cost.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.