How Much Does the Los Altos Golf & Country Club Cost?
The Los Altos Golf and Country Club is a private, member-owned club nestled on the hills of Silicon Valley in Los Altos, California. The Club has an 18-hole, par 71 golf course which covers 6,534 yards of greens from the longest tees. It has a course rating and slope rating (on Rye grass) of 71.5 and 128, respectively. The original course, which opened for play in 1923, was designed by Tom Morris. It went through a complete renovation in 2004.
How much is it?
- Membership to the club varies depending on the membership type you wish to sign up for. If you want to know more detail about the Club’s membership types and their accompanying costs, you would need to contact them directly or submit an inquiry through the Membership Inquiry page on their website. According to some sources, the club has some of the highest initiation fees in the nation. This PaloAltoOnline.com article claims the price runs in the $300,000 range. Since the proprietary memberships are sold by current members, they will set the market price when selling.
The Los Altos Golf and Country Club offers three different types of membership: proprietary, social and intermediate.
- Proprietary Memberships: Members hold an equity interest and membership is only available when an existing member sells their membership. Members and immediate family can enjoy full privilege of using all of the Club’s amenities.
- Social Memberships: This membership type is open to all interested individuals. Members and immediate family can enjoy the privilege of using the Clubhouse, fitness facility, swimming pool and tennis courts. They don’t have golfing privileges; however, they can play golf only as a guest of a Proprietary Member.
- Intermediate Memberships: This membership is open to all adult children of Proprietary Members who are between 25 and 40 years old. Members and their immediate family can enjoy full privilege of using all of the club’s amenities, excluding golf, which they can only enjoy on a limited basis.
What is going to be included?
- The Club’s amenities include the golf course, the clubhouse, fitness center, two swimming pools, pool house, seven tennis courts, and dining options.
- Other perks that members can enjoy includes participation in year-round social events, tournaments and programs organized by the club.
What are the extra costs?
- For guests, green fees price ranges from $115 to $165.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.