How Much Does the MGM Grand Lazy River Cost?
The MGM lazy river is considered to be one of the best attractions in Las Vegas. It is actually an outdoor pool with heated water at about 75 to 80 degrees. The river is shallow, only about two to 3 ½ feet and a width of about six feet. The slow current flows down its entire length of about 8,000 feet, and the river ends into either a wave pool or it circles around again. Whether you want to relax and enjoy while you are lying on your raft or plastic tube, or swim or waddle your way around, this river allows you to enjoy the views around the pool.
How much is it?
- Only guests at the hotel can use the lazy river. Because of this, the costs are going to vary according to types of rooms and season. The average rate per room is going to be about $72. You will also pay a daily resort charge of $28 once you reserve the room when you check in. The costs are going to greatly vary on the time of year, the room you book and the booking service.
- According to one member on Yelp.com, it’s going to cost about $16 to rent a tube and about $17 for a 20-ounce alcoholic drink.
What is going to be included?
- The river is open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. The pool is opened year around.
- Aside from the lazy river, the complex has five swimming pools and five whirlpools. The pool complex is surrounded by fountains, waterfalls, bridges and lush foliage.
What are the extra costs?
- When you get into the lazy river, you pay for the floating rafts or plastic tubes, which cost around $12 to $18 each.
- While optional, you will pay for drinks when you lounge around the pool. A soda is about $4 and an alcoholic drink costs more than $6, depending on the type. For example, a larger refillable slushie drink can cost around $22 for the initial price.
- Cabanas can be rented by the day, and these include a private patio, TV, safe, mini fridge and two pool rafts. To rent a cabana, you must spend a minimum of $600 on food and drinks.
Tips to know:
- If you don’t want to book a room to use the MGM pool, consider other pool properties that allow you to use the pool for a fee. VegasChatter.com breaks down the top 10 pools that let’s anyone join.
How can I save money?
- Consider making your travel plans during low months, which are usually from November until March.
- Since you have to be a guest, look for the best deals MGM offers. Call up their customer care hotline and ask for about their special packages. Take advantages of the hotel’s other special offers such as free tickets to a show, a $50 credit to your dinner or drinks, discounts on their amenities like spa, gym use and other similar extras.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.