How Much is an Oil Change at Walmart?
Walmart oil change is a service offered by Walmart Auto Service, the retail giant’s automotive care and maintenance division. Available in different options, the oil change service from Walmart comes with more than just changing the oil as it also includes other services such as tire and battery check. The cost of an oil change at Walmart depends on the service selected and if coupons are available.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of an oil change will depend on the type you’re looking to get. Prices range anywhere from as little as $20 to $50. However, there may be a time when a coupon is available and can lower costs. The price ranges are according to the official Walmart website.
|Type of Oil Change||Price|
|Pit Crew oil change||$20|
|Standard oil change||$30|
|High mileage oil change||$40|
|Power and performance oil change||$50|
Walmart provides four types of oil change services: Pit Crew, Standard, High Mileage, and, Power and Performance.
- The pit crew oil change service includes up to 5 quarts of Quaker State Advanced Durability conventional motor oil, battery performance check, and will check/adjust the tire pressure when required.
- The standard Walmart oil change includes up to 5 quarts of featured conventional oil, and all lube services.
- For the high mileage oil change option, services included are up to 5 quarts of featured High Mileage or Semi-Synthetic oil, and all lube services.
- The services included in Walmart’s Power and Performance oil change are up to 5 quarts of featured Synthetic motor oil, and all lube services.
What is going to be included?
- Each oil change service also includes a new filter and chassis lubrication when appropriate.
- An express service package is also available and includes these services: up to 5 quarts of oil; new filter; lube chassis; vacuum interior, wash windshield; check tire pressure; check and fill transmission fluid, washer fluid, power steering fluid, differential fluid; and, check battery performance, wiper blades, head lights, and tail lights.
What are the extra costs?
- The fuel system can get a thorough cleaning for $20. If you choose this service, you can add the standard oil change for another $20.
- Wiper blades can be installed for $6, and this fee applies to Walmart purchased blades only.
- Cabin air filters can be installed for $10 each.
- The headlights can be restored for $30 per vehicle.
- Headlights can be installed for $7 each. Miniature bulbs can be installed for $5 each.
Tips to know:
- As there are different types of Walmart oil change services, ask your local Walmart Auto service associate for the appropriate job for your car.
- The High Mileage option is ideal for vehicles with over 75,000 miles. It provides protection against burn-off and leaks as well as help extend the lifespan of the engine. The power and performance oil change is suitable for achieving maximum performance while providing the highest level of engine protection.
How can I save money?
- Find information about Walmart oil change coupons online at websites such as RetailMeNot. Coupons can also be cut out from newspapers. In addition, sign up for online newsletters to receive up-to-date coupons. Coupon apps are obtainable as well through your iPhone, Blackberry, or Android.
- If you know how to change your car’s oil yourself, you can save on the cost of the service. Plus, you get more savings if you use Walmart motor oil coupons to buy motor oil.